More Newmar Layoffs - RVIA announces May shipments down again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
According to RV Business magazine,  Newmar Corp. has instituted its second round of layoffs this year in response to a depressed retail market.

?We?re laying off some people trying to right size our work force according to the available business,? says Dick Parks, Newmar CEO and chairman. ?Right now we?re in the process of making plans for the future based on what the market dictates.?

In February, Newmar laid off around 13% of its 905 workers. Parks did not specify a number but confirmed that the latest cut would impact around 40% of the company?s current employees.

The just announced May shipment report from the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) showed a staggering 58.6% drop in May Class A deliveries from a year go. The Class A sector was down 39.5% for the first five months. Fifth-wheel shipments fell 15.5% for the month and declined 10% year-to-date.

Should be a good time to buy here in a few months. (And we just fixed up the Tradewinds.) ::)

Jeff, enjoy your summer, I want to spend  time in Maine I hope to  next year, It's a big trip up the coast from Florida. I told Harley Momma that I need to wander through Arlington again, I'll need lots of Puffs as I go to pieces every time I. A man can get his priorities in order in a hurry there! I used to push frost bite patients around Percy Jones Army Hospital in the fifties.Now these new  brave under armored heroes present us with a new horror! God Bless them and God Bless The USA!

Back
Top Bottom