THE VERANDA - Country Coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ray D

Have you seen the Veranda?  ;D

It's on the cover of the August Motorhome Magazine.  8) Yes, very cool!

We love it. Decided to go get one next week. Took the first step. Bought the lottery ticket today.  ::)

http://veranda.countrycoach.com/

Ray D  ;D

Ray D said:
Have you seen the Veranda? 
It's on the cover of the August Motorhome Magazine.  Yes, very cool!

Looks like a great way to let the bugs into your motorhome.  :)

Ray D said:
Have you seen the Veranda?  ;D
http://veranda.countrycoach.com/
Ray D
That just takes my breath away, and folks, you HAVE to see the video to really appreciate just how great this innovation is.

Wow!

That sets the benchmark pretty high, I hope it comes up trumps for them, they have obviously spent a lot of bucks developing that one.

Thanks for the link, you've sure made my day. Wow

Very cool indeed. Good video -- they've ramped up their marketing materials quite well. As for bugs, I think there are screens as well as the sliding glass doors.

We toured the one here at Gillette a couple days ago. Interesting. A 52,000 lb. coach with a total cargo capacity under 2,500 lbs. We were told the price tag was over 700K, so I guess we'll pass for now! While innovative, it would take a pretty specific parking spot to really take advantage of the feature. For example, if we extended it in our current parking spot, it would probably hit the rig next to us. Still, it is nice to see a manufacturer trying to come up with something new.

I don't get it. I don't see the benefit of sitting 3' above the ground. Maybe if you had a bunch of crumb chasers milling about and need to keep them contained. I'd opt to forgo the weight gain and other probable maintenance items instead.

Just my .02
Bob

When I saw the Veranda the first thing that occurred to me is "Why don't these people just go outside?" Then I thought about having to argue in the RV park office that I need a view on my right side. No neighbors allowed!

I suppose they'll sell a few. I hope the buyers are tickled with it.

But when you do find the right site you will be sitting ABOVE all your neighbors, including the Prevost gang.

To me, the models with an accessible roof deck make more sense.  Better use of space and you are truly above your neighbors, including those with a veranda :)

I believe so.  I think there may be a few others as well.

Wasn't it Airstream that made a coach with a patio on the roof for a few years?

Travel Supreme made one with an inside staircase.  It had railings that went around the top and folded down for driving.  I thought it was neat for people who like to go to places like NASCAR or other events.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Travel Supreme made one with an inside staircase.  It had railings that went around the top and folded down for driving.  I thought it was neat for people who like to go to places like NASCAR or other events.

Ardra

It wasn't TS. TS made a model with a garage in the back but the coach you describe was a different brand. I remember first seeing it at FMCA-OKC but can't remember the brand. I think they went broke and Airstream took over the line.

The only MH with a patio on the roof and assesable via stairs on the inside that I saw was I believe an Airstream.  Airstream was bought by Thor.

Thanks, guys.  I saw it at FMCA so not surprised I got mixed up.  :eek:

ArdraF

Ned said:
To me, the models with an accessible roof deck make more sense.  Better use of space and you are truly above your neighbors, including those with a veranda :)
Ned,
You are onto something there.  I'd really enjoy a second story slide with a sub-floor garage for the motorcycle.  Perhaps a hot tub in the rear with a wet bar and mood lighting.  The Veranda would be nice for margaritas.  Oh well, there is reality and there are dreams.
Phil

Yes, this is indeed the one.  I especially remember the nice wooden staircase.  Thanks for jogging my memory!

ArdraF

I agree that is the one I was thinking of.  To the best of my knowledge when that came out Airstream was the only one that offered it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom