Travel with Cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

Ok, Folks asked for photos of my "Cat enclosure" so I have attempted to attach some to this message.

Not all the hinges are pinned in this photo so it bulges a bit.

In the first you see the enclosure, from the front of the Motor Home, As you can see, it's white lattace fence
It is made out of plastic and the brand is something like Tuff Fence.

Other than the hinges and brackets (4), center "Beam" and screws this is all palstic

Sides and top are hinged front and back at about 1/4 to 1/3 the distance from top and bottom

In addition each edge of the "lid" has a bracket that "hooks" over the back, side or front

Hinges are of the removable pin type, the pins were removed and replaced with "Clutch" pins

These are much smaller versions of the pins that hold the pin in your reciver type hitch

Except for the reinforced top, all sides have quite abit of "Give" espically toward their centers

Thus, Should I stand on the brakes or,,, Heaven forbib, fail to stand on the brakes when I should
and as a result stop suddenly... In theory the cats will bounce not break.

What you can not see in these photos is the window behind the enclosure (If the cats are lying on the table they can look out)

And what is missing is the litter box, food and water dishes, and the comforter (Baby's size) that 25 years ago went in our 2 legged baby's crib but now comforts our 4 legged babies

Oh yes... Hopefully there is a cat or two attached too, Much older pictures

Oh, I spray Fellingway spray on one of the chair cushions (if I have not mangled the spelling too much)
This makes the chair "Friendly" from a cat's point of smell

And we usually run the genset when on the road.. most of it is under the dining room and it kind of "Purrs"
since it's never anywhere near full load save when an AC unit kicks in

(It would take both starting at once to hit 2/3 load)

For some reason the cats travel much, much better now days than they ever have before

Attachments

• Cat House Inside (Table&chairs).jpg
    Cat House Inside (Table&chairs).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Cat House.jpg
    Cat House.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Top Support & Hinge.jpg
    Top Support & Hinge.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 46
And of courese the rest of the photos

Attachments