big problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson398

:( I had a little mishap the other day. We had just got back from a week long trip with our slidein. I raised it up off the truck and pulled the truck out. I got out of the truck in time to see the camper jack twist and buckle. That's when the camper hit the ground on the passanger side and did alought of damage to the back corner. I have full coverage on it and was thinking of makeing a claim with my insurance. I am worried that they might say that it would cost to much to repair. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions????????

In 1976 my old truck camper got hit blown over by strong winds, even though it was supported by the jacks and concrete blocks front and rear. My insurance totaled the camper but let me keep it. I was able to have a local sheetmetal shop duplicate the aluminum siding and paint it to match. I had to do some structural repair but on that old camper it was 2x2's. I replaced the door with one from a mobile home supplier.
I used that old camper for 10 more years after that. It outlasted 3 pickup trucks.

Woody

Back
Top Bottom