Acadia National Park images

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
      I'll continue to post images here rather than in the Maritimes Trip Journal.  Just as well, I can't compete with Betty Brewer.

After constant overcast and rainy days coming into Maine, we finally got a beautiful sunshiny day.  Obviously, we took advantage of it by heading into Acadia National Park.  We did the main loop road and made many stops along the coastline, which is spectacular.  After that, we drove up onto Mt. Cadillac for a special view.

The next morning, I got up at 4:00 am to see a 5:00 am sunrise.  Only got a socked in foggy coast, so I took advantage of that.  Sometimes you get some really eery images.  I headed back to camp about 9:00 am for breakfast.  Almost all the fog was lifted except right down by the water.

Please enjoy the images.  This is only a small portion of the photos that I took, but they give you a good feeling of the area.

Here are the links:      Acadia NP in Sunshine

Acadia NP in Morning Fog

[edit]Made photo links clickable[/edit]

My wife and I have been to that area twice -- first time about 25 years ago and again in 2002.  We were sitting on the porch yesterday day-dreaming about places we want to visit when I retire and that area made both of our top-ten lists.  Thanks for sharing your photos!

KodiakRV said:
My wife and I have been to that area twice -- first time about 25 years ago and again in 2002.  We were sitting on the porch yesterday day-dreaming about places we want to visit when I retire and that area made both of our top-ten lists.  Thanks for sharing your photos!

You are quite welcome.  Glad they got your juices flowing.

Great shots, Ron.

We went out touring on My Desert Island (location of Acadia NP and Bar Harbor) today and it was a spectacularly beautiful day, with dazzling sun on blue green ocean and lot s yachts doing their thing. That back to the campground where we enjoyed a pleasant happy hour and Shirly fixed us a wonderful supper for all. What a day!

RV Roamer said:
Great shots, Ron.

We went out touring on My Desert Island (location of Acadia NP and Bar Harbor) today ...

Well, you might consider it YOUR Desert Island, Gary, but how about sharing Mount Desert Island with the rest of us!  ;D

Ron, your Photos are not only beautiful but artfully spectacular.  What a great eye for natures beauty.  I've always envied someone who knew just how and when to capture the moment.

Thanks for sharing...

Thanks Lou.    I'm gratified by the wonderful comments.  I'm really working hard at this and getting better with time.

Ron,

Your pictures are so beautiful.  You do a great job of capturing nature.  We have never been to the Northeast, so that's on our list.

Thanks again,
Marsha~

Marsha/CA said:
Ron,

Your pictures are so beautiful.  You do a great job of capturing nature.  We have never been to the Northeast, so that's on our list.

Thanks again,
Marsha~

Marsha:  The primary scenery in Maine is along the coast.  There are also beautiful lakes, but the bulk of the state is trees as far as you can see.  The prettiest section of the coast is at Acadia NP.  No wonder it is a National Park.

Ron, while the coast area is beautiful, Donna and I enjoy the White Mountains as well, and one of the nicest RV sites that we've found is near Bethel ME.  It's on a crystal clear lake, in the midst of mountain peaks.  Hope your enjoying the nice weather, it finally hit here in NB, where it has been in the 80's & low 90's, with the water temps in the low 70's.

The lakes in ME-NH-VT and northern NY are indeed gems and we love 'em all, but in between lakes there is nothing but dense forest and the lakes tend to be hidden from the highways. On the northern  Maine coast and on in Canada, there are highways along the scenic coasts so there is plenty of readily accessible eye candy for the traveler.

Gary, you have to remember, Halifax is on the sea coast, so much of that luster has worn off, whereas the mountains and lakes continue to offer differing views to these old eyes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom