UK market for used RVs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I see a lot of Brits coming to the US, buying an RV, then shipping it back home after some period of time. Some of the folks plan to sell the RV in the UK to make a profit &/or to get ready for the next one. Is there a good market in the UK for used (second hand) RVs?

Just noticed the post above hadn't been answered, so I thought I would do the polite thing and say something  ;D
The used market is very good generally Tom, although in line with the worldwide doom and gloom at present just about any item that could be construed to be a luxury is not selling well. I think in general that in the four or so years that we have been American RVing we have noticed a significant increase in the RVs on our roads, they represent massive value for money when compared to the European motorhomes and provided that prospective owners are not put off by the sheer size of them then they are a real bargain in general. Of course new RVs are very expensive here, roughly ($) dollar = (?) pound, and with the present exchange rates of almost 2:1 then it makes a lot of sense to buy directly in the USA and ship it home to the UK, this is also true of used RVs for the same reasons.
Great site by the way, I do enjoy looking in on this extremely friendly and fun forum  ;D ;D

Keith

Hi Keith, and thanks for the response. I didn't have a good feel for the second hand RV market over there.

.... we have noticed a significant increase in the RVs on our roads...

Hopefully, they're not clogging the roads on the Gower peninsula. Used to be bad enough seeing all the caravanners causing headaches for local drivers  :(

.... with the present exchange rates of almost 2:1 then it makes a lot of sense to buy directly in the USA and ship it home to the UK...

Just yesterday I was telling my oldest son (lives west of the Severn bridge) about all the Brits coming here to buy RVs and ship them home. That's when he told me the exchange rate was recently headed below 1.7:1. Looks like it's currently at 1.77:1. Time for folks to hurry up and buy more coaches here before the exchange rate gets worse.

Tom said:
Hi Keith, and thanks for the response. I didn't have a good feel for the second hand RV market over there.

Hopefully, they're not clogging the roads on the Gower peninsula. Used to be bad enough seeing all the caravanners causing headaches for local drivers  :(

Just yesterday I was telling my oldest son (lives west of the Severn bridge) about all the Brits coming here to buy RVs and ship them home. That's when he told me the exchange rate was recently headed below 1.7:1. Looks like it's currently at 1.77:1. Time for folks to hurry up and buy more coaches here before the exchange rate gets worse.

Very true Tom, I guess that it will not be long before our great British pound will be worth nowt (that means nothing in real English, by the way)  :D
I can't see many peeps taking advantage of the exchange rate though because the cost of everything here is going ballistic.....

Keith

I guess that it will not be long before our great British pound will be worth nowt...

I recall the days when it was 1:1. It's been somewhat distressing when we've had lots of visitors from the UK and they all thought stuff was dirt cheap here because they got 2:1.

... (that means nothing in real English, by the way

Maybe on your side of the Severn, but in valleys we used to say something else  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom