Good Sam Emergency Assistance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eddieelk

I just received info from Good Sam's on their Emergency Assistance plan for $99.00 a year.  Does anyone have any experience with this plan.  We have a local Archway Air Ambulance plan for $75.00 but it does offer all of the Sams plans coverage.  Is it worth it?

Good Sam is OK but most of us prefer Coach Guard Net. What type of RV do you have. If you have a motor home then you can get Coach Guard Net at a discount through FMCA. Also included in your FMCA membership is Air Medivac at no extra charge plus many other benifits.

That's Coach Net, and is available to motorhome owners only, I believe.

We all have those little brain misfires from time to time :)

I don't think he is asking about the Road Service. I think he means GS Emergency Assistance Plus, which is for medical emergencies.

The FMCA offers that sort of member benefit as well. Some of it is included in the annual membership but additinal coverages are extra cost. I don't know much about either the GS or FMCA programs.

The FMCA program is the Medex plan, it's a membership benefit, but only available to members, that limits it to motorhome owners.  There are details on the FMCA web site.

eddieelk said:
I just received info from Good Sam's on their Emergency Assistance plan for $99.00 a year.  Does anyone have any experience with this plan.  We have a local Archway Air Ambulance plan for $75.00 but it does offer all of the Sams plans coverage.  Is it worth it?

If you own a motorhome check out FMCA.  the Medex plan is provided as a included benefit.  The benefits provided with FMCA membership far excced the cost of membership.

Ninebell, thanks for that info.  Now we can recommend Coach Net to everyone.  Did you get it with the trailer purchase or on your own?

The below quote is taken from the FAQ page of the Coach net website.

Q. What will happen to my Fifth Wheel or Travel Trailer if the vehicle I'm towing it with breaks down?

A. Coach-Net will tow your Fifth Wheel or Traveling Trailer to a safe location (i.e., campground).

After reading more on the Coach-Net web site, I'm inclined to believe that they will cover your towing vehicle, but not the trailer.  They will tow the trailer to a safe location, but they don't cover anything else on the trailer like they do on the motorized vehicle.  Of course, there is isn't much else to cover other than tire changes.  I don't know if their technical advice is available for trailer appliances.  It would pay to call them and ask about that.

Back
Top Bottom