Layoffs at Lazydays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harley man

One of the largest RV Dealers in the US began layoffs today. This is the dealership that was recently purchased ( controlling interest) from Don Williams who made millions using the art of high pressure tactics with great success. Located in Seffner, Fl. it is the crown jewel of RV sales & service.

Actually it is Don Wallace that started Lazy Days along with his dad and brother.  Having been employed there (until this layoff), and trained in their system, high pressure is not what we are taught.  There may be high pressure guys that came from the car industry, but it sure isn't the training.  So that those two inaccuracies I object. 
By the way, Don is now totally out of the business.  He does still own the property and the buildings, which he leases to the corporation.  The remaining interest is owned by the employees.  (while you are an employee!)

It was a sad day on the big lot, laayoffs were across the board, from sales, to service, even into management. 

Even in this time of fuel and economy and downturn, LD sold close to 300 units in June.  Unfortunately it was only about 65% of forecast. 

If you have purchased at LD in the past, you can expect to get a call, they will be checking on how things are going, letting you know about some specials, and asking for referrals.  Please, for the sale of my partners, if you know of someone, let them know.  If you are looking for a great deal, let them know, just don't expect these fictitious huge discounts.  You will get a great price, with minimal profit, but the huge discounts people are expecting just aren't out there.

So for now, I am looking for another position, hopefully local.

Keep me in your prayers.

harley man said:
One of the largest RV Dealers in the US began layoffs today. This is the dealership that was recently purchased ( controlling interest) from Don Williams who made millions using the art of high pressure tactics with great success. Located in Seffner, Fl. it is the crown jewel of RV sales & service.

We bought through Lazy Days and have visited there a couple times and I can truthfully say there is no high pressure tactics used.  You must have confused Lazy Days with Beaudry in AZ now there is a high pressure dealer.  We walked away from Beaudry because of the high pressure and salesman swapping tactics.

Sorry to hear the bad news Bill. Hope you find something soon.

Wow Bill. sorry to hear that.  We have been a regular at LD past couple months.  Had some issues with our RV and they have gone WAYYYYYYYY out of there way to take care of us. 

I have never been treated with SO much respect and have NOT had so many employees apologize for the mishaps we have experienced.  i can honestly say the high pressure was not there for us.

Our sales guys was really, really nice.  We told him what we wanted, he showed us what was in stock. each price quoet was about 20 to 30% below the price on the "flyer" and when we were ready (bank and insurance stuff) we bought. 

We loved the golf cart tour, free water, free lunch and the LD bag :)  we actually have 3 now, but thats how they are...they really felt bad about our roller coaster experience there.

Overall, i would go back and I would recommed others to buy there.

Thanks Guys, Have some things I am looking at.  Hopefully it won't take too long.  We are OK financially, but it is the not knowing that is tough. 

Together you've been through different jobs, health threats, relocation and now you'll walk together through this.

You've also never journeyed alone.
Your framily has been and will be with you.
Your faith has sustained you and grown through the years.
Faithful He has been and will be.

Go find the open door. . .

Thank you Bob, and together we will go to my new position in about 10 minutes.  Not the dream job, but a good one.  Who can afford to wait for the dream job?  I will stay in sales, but new cars instead of RV's.  Smaller dealer, but nice place.  Close to home, about a 10 minute commute. 

Anybody need a car?

Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers,

PancakeBill said:
Thank you Bob, and together we will go to my new position in about 10 minutes.  Not the dream job, but a good one.  Who can afford to wait for the dream job?  I will stay in sales, but new cars instead of RV's.  Smaller dealer, but nice place.  Close to home, about a 10 minute commute. 

Anybody need a car?

Hey thats great that you found something so quick...so now you can recommend(sell) toads to go with our MH's. !  :D

Sorry to hear about the layoffs :(  Do you know who in management was let go?  I hope you all were offered a nice severance package.  Just remember, everything happens for a reason.  This too shall pass... 

Sorry Pancake Bill but Dan Short told me enough that I would"t like it there as I already walked away from Dealer's like Ron Salhaney and other whorehouses such as his. Good luck in your endeavor's, sold Buick's for years but new cars are a tough sale with all the pricing on the net plus Credit Union posting invoices.

PancakeBill said:

Anybody need a car?

Glad you found a new position Bill.  Best of luck.

harley man said:
Sold Buick's for years but new cars are a tough sale with all the pricing on the net plus Credit Union posting invoices.

tends to limit the size of the lies you can tell, doesn't it :D :D

OK, first day on the job.  We have a big poster showing all the Chevy trucks and tow capacity.  right in the showroom.  I guess the uninformed truck owners trying to buy big trailers didn't come from this dealership!  Now I have to get my list together for what is required for towing 4 down.

Schedule a lot more user friendly. have this weekend off! 2 a month if you can believe that.  Will give us a chance to get some use out of our RV.  Tough part is that I have to wait a year before I get a week of.  Oh well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom