Question about selling rv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Torchbearer

This may be a dumb question, but I have never sold a rv or any type of vehicle before.  I am selling my Allegro Bus and if I sell this how do the taxes and stuff like that work.  Do most people that buy from an owner expect to pay the taxes or are there any taxes that have to be paid if you are selling direct to someone.  Any information or hints would be helpful. 

The seller would not have to pay any taxes.  The buyer may have to pay some taxes when they go to register the vehicle in their name.  Buyer taxes will very by state of registration for the vehicle.

The buyer may have to pay sales tax when he registers the RV, depending on what state he lives in. Check with your local DMV.

Wendy

I'm not sure about all states, but most states consider an RV, Boat, utility trailer, etc. to be covered under Personal Property Tax, if that states has one. They do not consider or tax it like real estate which in most states is paid the following year so no money needs to be put in escrow by the seller to cover the following year tax.

Woody

Back
Top Bottom