Adding storage in an OLD RV ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1275gtsport

I have a 74 Dodge Class B there is really no out side storage. the rear will just hold the blocks for leveling. there is no place for freshwater hoses or waste clean up supplies. there seems to be lots of space inside for living. the sides come down a ways and I was thinking I could cut holes(with doors) in the side and add boxes under. anybody do this or seen it done?
would there be a place I could purchase the doors?

Without knowing a lot more about your rig than I do, Sounds reasonable.. You can bet doors ready made, just cut out the hole and screw the frame down.

Two thoughts come to mind: Roof carrier or small trailer. There is also a product that is a platform that fits into a class III trailer hitch.

Woody

Just a thought, Make sure before you start cutting any holes in the side of your rig make sure you are not going to cut wires, plumbing,ect. If there was room the builder would more than likely put them thier to begin with. Also the more holes in the coach the harder it is to heat/cool. I like the rack on the hitch better. You can get them in alum. as well as steel. But then if it's
outside the two legged rats might get it. They got my spare a couple years back, chain, cover, lock and all. In the day. I was at a truck stop at the time.

I have a 197 Barth and I'm having the same problem. I want to get the storage box that go's on the back bumper it swings out to get in has lights on it and is easy to get in.I seen one at a rv rally the lady said it holds a lot.I think the company name was thule? not sure. ??? :)

Look at photos posted in the subject "Growing 'B' Experience with Food and Space" in the "Van Conversions" section.  The postings are about half way down the second page of the "Van Conversion" section.  I added two removable rear storage boxes to our "B".

Hey Len and jo
your containers look great. I was thinking of something like this northern tool storage box
http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/348045_lg.gif

however I just finished fixing the water damage along the drivers side (there is 77 inches of unused space 22 inches wide and 9 inches high.) and I don't think I will try for a storage box in there right now. it would be easy to fill in the bottom and then just cut a couple of doors through the new plywood I just put in place. I think I want to just get the rot removed and the walls attached to the camper again before customizing too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom