wineguard windup antenna handle broke??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nrglog

OK so I'm a girl.....
Went to wind up outside antenna and the handle came apart and shot all over the place.  the handle , spring, and the round tv  adjuster.  I have been trying to put the darn think back together.  Can get it to raise and lower the antenna but it will not swivel for TV reception.  Is it possible that there is another piece that shot out that I can't locate.  I usually can figure these things out but but can't figure this one out..    HELP PLEASE!

Th order pf parts, first on the large round pointer, then spring,then handle.  Use allen screw to tighten handle.  Then after the ant is cranked up you will be pulling disk down against the spring tension. This should allow ant to turn.

Many times when these break, you cant tighten the screw back down, you can then use a socket and ratchet to turn the antenna up and down by placing it on the aluminum metal stubb that sticks out of the roof......the next secret is to find the round thingie with the point on it that centers the antenna in the down position.....this same device is what is used to turn the antenna...what you need to do, is hold the round thingin against the roof when putting up the antenna, this locks everything in place so when you crank the antenna up, it doesnt turn (more inportant when you are taking the antenna down and want it to remain centered).  Then when you want to turn the antenna pull the round thing out about half way(about the same distance it would have pulled out if the spring were there) and it will let your turn the antenna so you can get reception. Then, when you get home, go buy new parts and fix the thing correctly.  Its easy.

I learned all of this when I had my 5'er and the antenna broke the first day out on a week trip  ;D

You've probably lost the spring that pushes the disc up until you pull it down to rotate the antenna. Its about 1/2" in diameter and about an inch long. If you can't find it you can replace the whole assembly. Many RV dealers, or maybe Camping World will have the parts.
Replacement is common on older motorhomes when the plastic gets stressed too many times by turning the handle to raise or lower the antenna.

Woody

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom