Camping World Presidents Club - Benefits.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ray D

OK, it's off topic on a thread dealing with a broken AC.
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=17825.30

I got "sold" on joining Camping World, President's Club, while delivering my motorhome to a new Camping World facility, for AC repair, under extended warranty. I paid $12.00. Supposedly, I get back a $10.00 gift certificate and a refund of $50.00 deductible. It's a winner if that's all  I get!  ::)

I've been reading the literature that came in the membership package. Thought I would ask here, for more appropriate info on the bnefits of membership in Camping World after the initial refunds.

Ok, folks, what's it good for? Is this more than a "loyalty card?" In what way?  ???

Thanks

Ray D  ;D

Ray,

PC membership entitles you to IIRC 10% off store and catalog purchases. You'll see two prices displayed on everythin, one being the "club price".

We found that we do not shop at Camping World enough to make the PC club worthwhile.  However if we were going to make a major purchase we would probably join again.  Of course giving them an address that won't let them send junk mail to us. ;D

We too let our PC membership lapse because we rarely shop at CW anymore.  If we did, we'd rejoin PC and give them Tom's address.  He won't even notice the additional junk mail :D

If I can't find it cheaper on line then I  use Camping World. the 10  percent savings on my Honda 300 gen set (Hurricane Charlie) saved me $170.00 plus was already on special. The store on 35 near Denton TX. is an excellent stopover. BESIDES, harley Jim is only 40 miles from the big complex at Seffner Fl.,LOVE them Carbs at Cracker Barrel.

Thanks,folks. Pretty much what I thought.  I figure I'll be getting junk mail. But, I keep a garbage can right close to the mail box, and stop on the way back into the house. No trouble at all.  ;D ;D

Don't imagine I'll be buying much at Camping World, this year. We'll see.  ;D

Ah, now this might explain why our junk mail started up again. I asked Chris to pick up something at CW a few months ago and today, when a PC $10 coupon arrived in the mail, I asked why we received it. She said "I re-signed up for the Presidents Club when I bought that thing for you".

Ray D said:
Don't imagine I'll be buying much at Camping World, this year. We'll see.  ;D

That is what I say every year but it hasn't been true yet. LOL That place is is like cocaine for an RVer. You just can't go in without coming out with a load of stuff that you "just can't live without". Of course the discount is good justification for the purchase.  ::) ::)

You  hit it on the head! my wife and I went in the CW at Myrthe beach last trip for a few "small items" after one walk throught the store we spent $200 bucks.......It is absoutly like Crack for RV owners.

You can always join the presidents club when you check out if it is determined that your purchases at that time make it worthwhile.

Yup, Ron thats how they got us on the card we have now.......Im not sure what we all bought on that trip,  but even after paying the joining fee we saved a couple bucks......I dont know if we will renew next year or not I guess we will have to see what we plan to buy.

Phil

Ha!  "Plan" is the keyword here.  One seldoms plans to buy anything at the big kids toy store!  But somehow we always seem to find something we can't live without.  ;) Years ago we were at a CW and I started talking with another lady.  She told me that they don't RV anymore but that CW always has the neatest things you can't find anywhere else so they always stop when near one.  She had a whole cart full of stuff.  Just goes to show - it's addictive.  ;D

ArdraF

Ray D said:
I got "sold" on joining Camping World, President's Club, while delivering my motorhome to a new Camping World facility, for AC repair, under extended warranty. I paid $12.00. Supposedly, I get back a $10.00 gift certificate and a refund of $50.00 deductible. ...

Sounds like a better deal than they are offering around here.  I was in one yesterday and the price to join was $19.00 with no freebies.

I have never gotten any "freebies" either but the savings on one trip in easily pays the fee. I wish I could get in on those discounts too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom