Best Steak house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A

azgolfin

Ok, Just got to do it so we all can brag!

Here's my input. 

Wolfe Creek Lodge off of Hwy 90 just north of Coeur D'Alene, Idaho.  There's one in Spokane but the steak just doesn't tastes the same.

Here's the link and the 44oz is a delight.  Yeah, arteries are getting harder as I type.........

http://www.wolflodgerestaurants.com/coeurdalene.php

The very best steak house, other than Sam's Camp, that we have ever eaten at was in Quito Equador.  Haven't been to any that matched it.

The list is long for me.  Denver Chop House.  Any Ruth Chris is always good.  There is a steak place just south of the Denver airport that is a hole in the wall, cant remember the name, but they are great as well.  Sorry but not good at names, there is also a place in El Paso that sits on the hill & over looks the base, they are good to.  Stockyards Hotel in Fort Worth is good to.  The best steaks I have ever had are grown at my friends ranch, fed corn as soon as they are off mom, and then processed before they get to big and stored in my freezer, Fork tender........

The best steaks in the world are in Omaha, Nebraska! The trouble is, when you're done eating, you're still in Omaha, Nebraska! W.C. Fields

That said, Johnny's at the stockyards, Ross' Steakhouse, Mr. C's and Anthony's, all in Omaha and The Cooperage in Albuquerque. 

Carl's Chophouse in Detroit, Bintz Apple Mountain in Saginaw, Shuler's in Marshall,Bern's in Tampa. In the 70's any thing in Omaha. Probably the best steaks are cooked at home but not as much atmosphere and no waiter or dishwasher

I was just at Bern's recently, awesome!  Not only the best steak and everything associated withthe meal, but the most expensive 2 person dinner in our life.  (we are frugal sorts, so YMMV)

In fact, we will be going again soon.  (Nice prize from sales contest!)

Hey Harley, were youat FlugTag today in Tampa?

Al, we always went to Don Roth's Blackhawk in Chicago for the great steaks.  These days, we prefer Southwoods in St. Francis, WI, for their excellent prime rib.  Tastes just like mine :)

I started reading this thread thinking that maybe I would get some great ideas for future dinners out, but since I rarely get west of the Mississippi, I guess I'm out of luck.  :(  I haven't been there in years (gosh, I think it's been over 14 years!), but I used to enjoy going to Ye Olde Steak House in Knoxville.

-Dave

I didn't think there was Steak House east of the Mississippi?  I thought it was catfish, hush puppies, and jam cake? ;D  Or Mustard style BBQ?

Sho'nuf!

Us red neck hillbillies may know nothin 'bout beef, but we can hear a JACK braying a mile away. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom