SoCal to Spokane and back again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cricketdaddy

We have arrived at our destination, Deer Creek, Washington, just outside of Spokane. We're here to attend a family reunion but as we all know the purpose of any road trip is merely the excuse for making it.

Here's my latest blog entry about our travels so far and the interesting things we've seen.

I like the shoe tree, In fact I need one in the motorhome to deal with the many pair I seem to accumulate.

Betty

What fun.  Can I ask why you call it "Road Apples"?  Just curious. 
I'm being selfish and kinda wish you would have done a journal for us on here so we could have followed along.  Tim and I may be heading north from Bakersfield up to Mt Olympus right after Labor Day,and it would have been fun to follow your trail.

Marsha~

"Road apples" is just a euphemism for those large impediments horses leave behind on the trail. It was just a cheap joke, that's all.

So, let me see if I understand, Marsha... You summer in Bakersfield and will winter in Washington's Olympic Mountains?  ???

;D Wish I could get Carolann to go near the snow.

Thanks for the kind comments. I do the blog for my own amusement but I hope my kids and grandkids will find it interesting some day.

Having horses, I knew what "Road apple" were, I just thought it was a great name for a blog.

Cricketdaddy said:
So, let me see if I understand, Marsha... You summer in Bakersfield and will winter in Washington's Olympic Mountains?  ???

Dumb, aren't we?  That scenario is only for this summer; next year we'll be gone.  In May, we moved into the house we had built and wanted to get some big projects done.  There was no garage storage at all, and Tim wanted to built his workshop area to get it ready so he can "putz" around.  Plus we had been in the coach for nearly a year waiting for the house.  We needed a break.  :D  However, we both are getting "itchy" to take off.  We will only be gone for 4-6 weeks after Labor Day, then back home to Kernville.  Kernville has more "seasons", so I want to be here for the fall color and we also get a light dusting of snow during the winter months.  We are finding we love the small town feel.  So, no, you can't call us "Winterbirds".

Marsha~

Living and working in L.A. I certainly understand the appeal of small towns! Carolann and I are originally from the suburbs and foothill communities near Sacramento where we had the best of both worlds. At the moment our survival skills involve knowing what time to stay off the freeways and which neighborhoods to avoid altogether. Someday, though...someday...

My original note said we are in Deer Creek and I need to amend that. We are in Deer PARK, Washington, just north of Spokane and a whole world away from SoCal.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom