Do you have a pet dislike ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
We've all got a dislike for something that sometimes comes out in our forum messages, or maybe not. Might be fun to read what everyone's pet dislike is. I'll start with mine:

I hate junk mail and phone solicitations. I have others, but these are close to the top of the list.

Tom said:
We've all got a dislike for something that sometimes comes out in our forum messages, o maybe not. Might be fun to read what everyone's pet dislike is. I'll start with mine:

I hate junk mail and phone solicitations. I have others, but these are close to the top of the list.

I also hate Junk Mail and phone solicitations and in addition door to door solicitations.  Don't care much for cats either or pet owners that fail to keep their yappy dogs quite.

Waiting, whether it be in a line or on the phone trying to find a human voice to speak to through a maze of automatic answering devices.

Steve

I dislike people who see negative things in every situation. Mostly I hate those long waits for a  human being  when  using my cell phone minutes.

Betty

Ron said:
I also hate Junk Mail and phone solicitations and in addition door to door solicitations.  Don't care much for cats either or pet owners that fail to keep their yappy dogs quite.

Ron!  You left off snow, Apple computers, KOA, and Gulf Stream!

I think my pet peeve is called outsourcing.  I hate dialing a customer service number seeking help or information, then experiencing extreme difficulty understanding what the "helper" is saying.

Another pet peeve is people who habitually see a glass half empty insead of half full.   Drives me nuts!  ::)  

Margi

KodiakRV said:
Ron!  You left off snow, Apple computers, KOA, and Gulf Stream!

Some things one doesn't necessarily dislike but would not feel I would feel comfortable recommending them to others.  Now for the snow well while I don't particularly like it I don't consider it a pet dislike.  Whoops did I just say that maybe it is a pet dislike. ;D ;D ;D ;)

One of the things I really dislike a lot is passing someone on the interstate and having that person appear to decide to travel exactly the same speed as you, either right beside you or right behind you.  :mad:

If it continues very long, I slow down so that they'll pass and don't resume my original speed until they're a good distance ahead of us.  Let them use some one else as a pace vehicle.  ;)

The use of poor grammar in forum posts has always been one of my pet dislikes.

When posting on the forum, participles dangle and prepositions are used to end sentences with. ;D ;D

Ron said:

He also left off Garmin.

I don't care to parked next to someone who have birds.  I think they're worse that yippy dogs.  Which I don't care for either. 

Barb

The thing that prompts murder in my heart is the guy with big diesel unit, be it Class A or F-450, who thinks that he should get an early start and so cranks up his monster at 6AM next  my bedroom and runs it for 15-30 minutes.   Does this guy think that diesels have to be brought up to steam like a coal fired RR engine?  ???

He is probably related to the character that arrives at 11PM and runs a complete setup for the next hour.

Carl,

I suspect that you're exaggerating on the time. Truth is, unless and until a diesel builds air pressure, the brakes won't come off and the coach won't move. On our rig, that can and does take several minutes.

If you're parked next to a diesel rig, put some earplugs in.

Tom said:
Carl,

I suspect that you're exaggerating on the time. Truth is, unless and until a diesel builds air pressure, the brakes won't come off and the coach won't move. On our rig, that can and does take several minutes.

If you're parked next to a diesel rig, put some earplugs in.

I don't think those are the ones Carl is talking about. I agree with Carl. If it takes more than three or four minutes to build up air then there is something wrong with the air system and it should be fixed. We camped next to a couple one time when they started the coach at about 6am and never left until 7:30. It sat there an idled all that time.

I always thought that if the driver isn't in the seat, then the engine shouldn't be running.

I never understood the people that started the engine then got out and started to disconnect the utilities but the chairs away, etc.

Don, we've seen those too.  With Lorna's sensitivity to diesel fumes, she really notices when someone nearby runs their engine excessively.  I don't like the smell either, but at least I don't get a rash from it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom