2008 RV Forum Southeast Fall Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Gary & Nancy invite all of you to join us at the King George RV Resort in Woodbine, GA October 24-28, 2008. No special plans - just make a reservation and show up for some fun!

The King George RV Resort is a small park located just off I-95 Exit 7 in southern Georgia. All sites are full hookup 30/50A pullthroughs and the park is satellite friendly. Amenities include a pool, hot tub, clubhouse & pavilion, large community fire ring, and laundry.  It is a Passport America Park as well as RPI, so many of you should be able to stay at steeply discounted rates, If not, a special $25/night rally rate will apply for Friday & Saturday night.

See http://www.passport-america.com/campgrounds/united_states/georgia/woodbine/king_george_rv_park/ for information and a map.

King George RV Park
5200 Old Still Rd
Woodbine, GA 31569
(912) 729-4110

[email protected]

The Florida snowbird traffic gets heavy in late October and King George is a popular stopover spot, so early reservations are suggested. However, the park is closed August 1-15 and they request that you do not call for reservations before August 23.

Cheryl and I need to check on a couple of things, but I think we'll be there!    8)

Right in our backyard! (Almost. Well, close enough).

Mary Ann and I plan to be there.  Lots happened since Nashville and we're looking forward to catching up with everyone's news.

Don and Mary Ann Nesbitt
Cary, NC

We tried to make a reservation today and they would not book it at the current time.  They said to "call back after August 16."  A note on their Passport America web page says "Park closed August 1st through 15th for staff vacation and maintenance."  It's only July 22, so you would think they would take a reservation since they are obviously still there...  ???

Still looking forward to the rally despite this bump in the road.  We've decided to make this our "Fall Trip" for this year and are going to stay the preceding four days (Oct. 20-24) at Jekyll Island Campground, which is about 40 miles away from Woodbine.  We have stayed there twice before and really enjoyed it.

Strange - when I worked out arrangements with Olivia, the General Manager of the park, she didn't say anything about not accepting reservations until after their August vacation. And she did strongly recommend getting all our reservations in by September 16.

I'll get back in touch with her and see what's up.

It looks like we could make this rally too.  Haven't called yet, I'll wait until you report back after calling them.

Looks like we'll be missing another good time, with many of the same group who were in Nashville in May.  Unfortunately it's a bit too early for us as we won't be crossing into the State until December in order to extend our stay until later in the spring,  To those who have never participated, make an effort, Nashville was our first, but not the last, Rally.  It is an informal get together with a lot of people who frequent this forum, and it was a lot of fun.

I emailed Olivia Crawford at King George about the rally reservations and here is her response:

I asked you to have them call after we close from Aug 1-15th because every thing is cleaned and I want to list your people on the board so as to try to put all of you together if possible.

I asked them to call back the end of August or they can call the first week of September.  We usually don't take reservations more than 30 days in advance but I'm making an exception for your group so I can try to put them as close together as possible.

Sorry for the confusion.
Olivia

So please hold off on calling for rally reservations until August 23.

Will do.  A reminder here about Aug. 23 will help those of us that tend to forget these things :)

I dont know if its too late or not but im interested in attending. I've never been to a rally and I've never hung out with other RV'ers. Would I be out of place being a 27 single male? What goes on during these Rallys? I'm based in Atlanta so it wouldnt be too hard for me to make it. Thanks.

Brian

Brian w.  Hall said:
I dont know if its too late or not but im interested in attending. I've never been to a rally and I've never hung out with other RV'ers. Would I be out of place being a 27 single male? What goes on during these Rallys? I'm based in Atlanta so it wouldnt be too hard for me to make it. Thanks.
Brian

Of course you'd be welcome!  We've never been to one either, but we hope to be there.

As noted previously, call on or after August 23 to make a reservation.

Donna and I had never attended any type of RV rally, but we decided at almost the last minute to attend the spring rally in Nashville.  We had a ball, met several of the regulars, and senior members.  It was a laid back good time, unfortunately you will likely be the youngest one there, byt no-one will really care.

Sounds fun! I'll call after the 23rd. On another note if anyone has any childrern or grandchildren in their mid twenties I am single and looking for a nice girl who appreciates RVing. See you all there!

Brian

Hi Brian,
Glad you are coming and look forward to meeting you.

Our forum rallies are just people going camping together and doing what they usually do. No rally fees or scheduled events, but we often do things together, e.g. go to a restaurant, visit some local attraction or have a pot luck dinner. We gather daily around 4 pm for a happy hour and social and folks often bring snacks to share.  We often do a brunch one morning too, if the attendees decide to do it. We call it a Men's Breakfast, cause the men to the cooking and the clean-up.

Everything is strictly join in if you want too and contribute what you want to.

Gary,

Guess I should read the directions first. :) We called yesterday and Gary took our reservations. Probably should call later and reconfirm.

What can I say, Jim. Maybe the manager [Olivia] was having a bad hair day when she refused them before and told me we had to wait until late August.  ??? The office at the campground is supposed to be closed right now, so I'm surprised anybody even answered the phone!

Oh well, whatever works.  :D

Called to make a reservation this morning and got a recording that the park is closed until August 31 due to flooding from tropical storm Fay.

Don Nesbitt
Cary, NC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom