2008 RV Forum Southeast Fall Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don, thanks for that info.  I'll wait another week before calling.

I'm starting to get fed up with this park, Fay or no. If they don't get their act together soon I'll be finding another place. Will see what happens next week.

UPDATE: I talked with somebody who had a friend staying at King George when Fay blew over. They did indeed get a lot of rain and the park flooded - guess that Georgia clay doesn't drain very well!  They shut the park down and everybody there had to evacuate.

Giles & Suzanne, the rally is too early for us so we won't be able to make it.  But we will be there in spirit, and we expect you two to raise a glass or so in our honour.  Hope you had a good summer, and that your trip to Quebec went well.  What did you decide to do about a toad?

Ed & Donna

Ed & Donna, glad to hear from you. How is the world treating you ? Looks like you are moving constantly ! We sure did enjoy your  Company. We had a wonderful trip; spent several days in Boston with our friends, then a 2 weeks stay in Quebec City; it rained 13 days out of 15, and it was cold, between 65-75 F degrees, everybody was depressed on the campground, but for us it felt great (around 104 F here at home); nice break; and we were there to meet with family members, so we did not care about the weather. We also picked up the hugs and kisses under the old bridge, where you had left them.  Thanks. Still undecided about the toad; we rented a car in Quebec City since we stayed there 2 weeks. No problems during the trip except for a few scratches in thight places, (this thing is longer and higher than I thought, but we love it ), and 2 dead chassis batteries which were replaced easily.  May not be able to attend the Southeast rallye because of my work schedule, will see. In the meantime, you all have a good time, and let us know if you ever come down South.  :D :D

The King George Resort is supposed to be open and taking reservations as of 9/1. Don't know if they will bother to staff the office on Labor Day if they have been closed for the last several days, but they said 9/1. Those of you who have been waiting to reserve can give it a shot and let us know what happens.

Well, Olivia at King George says the park still isn't open and probably won't be before Sept 9. Now they are expecting to get hit by TS Hanna, which is headed toward the Atlantic coast. She promises to contact me when they are open again.

We called and got the same answer. They will not reopen until Sept 9.  :-\ Wait and see I guess.

Cheryl called this morning and talked to a lady there, presumably Olivia.  She was outside at the time and said she was picking things up in advance of Hanna and they would not be taking reservations until next week.

Then a couple of hours later she (Olivia?) called Cheryl back and said that she would take the reservation.  Cheryl gave her our information, so I guess that we are set.  (She never asked for a credit card number.)

I think she said that we have 2 days at the rally rate ($25) and 2 days at the Passport America rate.

We have our reservations made! Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

We are currently in Hershey Pa.

Dave

Ned and I will be too.  Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Camille & I also.

Well,...we have a wedding on Saturday so we won't be there until Sunday evening.  We plan to stay a week so we'll be leaving Sunday 11/2.

Joel

We are at the rally for four nights and then at the Jekyll Island Campground for four nights.

Cheryl and I are looking forward to seeing everyone!

Nancy & I will supply dinner for everyone on Friday night (the 24th). Probably Italian, unless we get another brain storm in the meantime. Bring your plates and your drinks, pot luck style.

KodiakRV said:
We are at the rally for four nights and then at the Jekyll Island Campground for four nights.

Belay that!  I think we ended up with reservations at Jekyll Island Campground for the four nights BEFORE the rally...

Frank

Googling "Jekyll Island Campground" brings up two sites. One Jekyll Island Campground on Riverview drive and the other Jekyll Island Authority Campground on Beachview drive. Both are listed as 1197. Is this just one big CG with two entrances or what is the difference? What location are you going to visit. It looks like we may have a few days before the SE Rally. We might decide to go there.

Wayne

Back
Top Bottom