2008 RV Forum Southeast Fall Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure, Lorna.  Things like onions and peppers can certainly be sliced and diced ahead of time. Probably ham, bacon, etc. too.  Nancy picked up two boxes of freezer bags yesterday, so we are all set for containers.  I've got water proof marking pens to put names on the bags too.

RV Roamer said:
Sure, Lorna.  Things like onions and peppers can certainly be sliced and diced ahead of time.

Fresh is great and appropriate for this breakfast, but,... I've discovered Pepper Stir Fry in the freezer case and wanted to share.  It's chopped peppers and onions.  It's easy to get a handful out of the bag and throw in whatever along with a spoonful of minced garlic from the jar.  Easy and adds a lot.

I'll bring a big bag of cooked and chopped bacon. 

Joel

joelmyer said:
Fresh is great and appropriate for this breakfast, but,... I've discovered Pepper Stir Fry in the freezer case and wanted to share.  It's chopped peppers and onions.  It's easy to get a handful out of the bag and throw in whatever along with a spoonful of minced garlic from the jar...

Whoa there, pardner.  I'm not sure I'm ready for garlic in my omelet early in the morning.  :p

The beauty of omelets in a bag is you get to choose the ingredients. ;D

KodiakRV said:
Whoa there, pardner.  I'm not sure I'm ready for garlic in my omelet early in the morning.   :p

If some are eating Garlic it is recommended everybody eats garlic.  Only took one trip to Korea to figure out one of the first thing to do is to go eat somehing with garlic like maybe some kimchi. ;D ;D

I never realized kimchi had garlic in it.  I have always assumed that it was made of rotten stuff and never suspected the garlic.  Any idea what else is in it.

geodrake said:
I never realized kimchi had garlic in it.  I have always assumed that it was made of rotten stuff and never suspected the garlic.  Any idea what else is in it.

Cabage and Garlic but not sure what else is in it.  We do lke most of it though.

I am sad that I just recently joined and then saw this.  I agreed to work Saturday, and you guys aren't really that far from me.  Bummer.  How often do these Rallies happen?

Nancy & I organize two each year somewhere in the Southeast - Spring & Fall. Other members organize some events in the western US, in the winter at Quartzite in in the Spring in Utah area (e.g. Moab).

We also have "mini-rallies", which is what we call it when 2-3 or more RV Forum members get together somewhere in their travels. These happen all the time because folks keep in touch through the forum and make plans to meet.  We will have a mini-rally Tuesday in Savannah while on our way to the Southeast Rally, meeting up with a couple other forum rigs to visit the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum.

If/when rally leaders remember to update it, you'll see rallies in our calendar (click the Calendar button above). They're also announced on our web site.

Yeah, I already looked at the calendar :D  I saw the rally pictures from Moab....wondering if the one in 2007 was the same time we went out there.  We stayed at Archview the first week of April.  I'll have to keep an eye out for the Spring rally.

Back
Top Bottom