150 miles per gallon Motorized Bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saddletramp1200

3 feet off the ground & 6 feet behind the hood
I am as hurt with fuel costs as everyone else. My Saturn gets good milage (toad) I came across this place by mistake and it was one of the best mistakes I have ever made. I bought one and it is a ball to ride. I don't sell them just ride one. A quick trip to the store, or just out for a little sight seeing they are great. You can get all the information and help you need at this web site. http://motorbicycling.com/.

The folks there are great and like us will help you in any way they can. If you have a bike already the motor kit can be had for about $200.00 You put it together and it's not hard to do. You can also get one already made for around $500.00 and up depending what you want. They are just a bicycle with a little motor and most now are 4 stroke so they don't make noise like the mosquito motors from the past. They go about 35 mph if you want them to. The only problem I have with it is everyone wants to know where it got it. I have a little basket on mine so if I need a loave of bread or just see more of the place I am at, I just hop on and go. I fill it up for about $3.00 and off I go Mine is on my back bumper of the coach. :)

All I get at that page is a page to search from, which only produces a lot of "sponsored ads." http://motorbicycles.com  Perhaps I haven't clicked on the right link there?

I have a bicycle that gets a whole lot better gas mileage than that. It doesn't have a motor, just pedals.  ;D ;D ;D

Just a point of interest:

When I was a kid, in the 1940's, there were bicycles around with a small Diesel engine mounted above the front wheel.
  It had a rubber capstan wheel on it which could be toggled onto the front tire on top.

To start it you simple pedaled with the engine engaged to the tire and VROOM away you went. I forget now how the speed would be changed. This was in Western Germany.

carson FL

Thanks Tom, I am just a little nervous. I have never been on a forum this big, and so well run. With so many educated people!
I am trying to be so careful I guess I'm overlooking things I normally take in stride. Kind of like a driving test for computers. LOL I took the time to read the staff profiles. Whooo. Boeing, IBM, an on and on. I put on a clean T-shirt just to log in!

LOL, no need to be nervous here. Just step right in and join the discussion. Most of us left the corporate world and now wear jeans and T-shirts on formal days.

Appreciate your email asking about Motorized Bicycles.

When I was a kid I had a bicycle that had a gas engine.  I don't remember how it was engaged but after you were moving pretty good you would engage the engine and away you went.  Had a throttle and would go 50 miles an hour.  Not as fast up hill in fact if the hill was long and steep you had to help the motor with the peddles.

Scary stuff as I look back on it.

Like everything else they have improved with time. Mine has a 60 cc motor and I have not seen a hill it  won't tackle yet. I was wondering a little in Tenn. Some of those "hills" are steep. I think the limit in most places is 50cc before you need to bother with tags and such. I have never been bothered. Mine is 4 stroke and pretty quiet. If I am not sure I would bother anyone I just peddle till I am out of ear shot let the little clutch handle out, just like a motorcycle and away I go! The poliece see me as just another old geezer on a bicycle and leave me be.

Papahog, ebay is a good place to look. Also you can get some great info from the folks over at motorbicycling.com If they don't have some ideas I will be suprised. Some of the folks sell the bikes, but for the most part ride them. I thought about all the info at both here and there. If it breaks either place has a member to cure our Ills. I don't travel as much as I want. but it is a big blessing to know that if somethinng go's wrong Help is just a keyboard and a mouse click away. NO body but all you great folks can provide that! And the staff is awesome. It's like there waiting to help at the drop of a hat! Have a good ride, Tramp

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom