39 years ago Today July 20, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice one John. I must admit I hadn't associated that song with the lunar landing, but it sure is fitting.

USO in Goldsboro NC.  Stopped in to see the landing.  Now my other memory is my daughter, 32 years ago, she landed.  Hard to believe it was only 7 years after the moon landing.

I think the anniversary of the landing was actually yesterday, Today was "One Small Step"

I first heard that song around 25 years ago (give or take a couple)  Most likely sung (live) by Julia Ecklar

But "The Eagle has landed" refers to the phrase "Houston Tranquility Base, The Eagle has landed"

John F Kennedy had a dream of a man on the moon by the end of the 1960's and by NASA.. We did it.

But "The Eagle has landed" refers to the phrase "Houston Tranquility Base, The Eagle has landed"  John F Kennedy had a dream of a man on the moon by the end of the 1960's and by NASA.. We did it.

That stuff I knew, although I was in the UK, but didn't correlate the song.

Interestingly, I was in DC attending an industry conference in the early 80's, with Lyn Nofziger (Press Secretary) representing President Reagan at the keynote speech. The punch line - "we will serve no wine before its time". We watched the Shuttle landing on a huge screen. Quite an emotional experience for the huge audience.

Back
Top Bottom