RV Family Trips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dneighbo

I had seen someone else post recently about getting an RV and having kids.  I know most of the forum is composed of full timers or near full timers with adult children.  I am curious of how many people out there still have kids under 18 that are traveling with them.  I ask because if there are enough it would be fun to try to arrange a rally with those of us with kids.  Of course those that are still kids at heart would be encouraged to come as well.  ;)

Something like

Kids: 11, 7 and 4
Homebase: Gilbert, Arizona

Would be useful.

Sounds like a great idea.  Hope folks respond.  Please keep us informed.  Since you invited us senior kids it might be fun to attend.

Count me in!! I have 4 teenagers, at least a couple come with us, as well as our best friends with kids 5, 8 and 11. They go everywhere with us. Boating? Motorcycles? We do it all.

Our "kid" is 39 so we aren't in the "traveling with kids" group. However, all RVers are welcome at the Southeast area forum rallies that Nancy & I sponsor each Spring and Fall.  And we always schedule the affair to include a weekend so that those who are still working or have kids in school can still attend for at least part of the time.

That said, it's true we don't go out of our way to select Southeast rally sites with activities for kids, so a rally organized for families would be would be a great idea.  My suggestion is to talk it up often here on the forum, then pick a place and some dates and go for it.  Just say "Me & the wife and kids are going camping at such-and-such a place/time and you-all are invited to join us" and see what happens.  That's how most of our rallies happen (or at least how they got started). Who knows - maybe you will start another RV Form tradition?

Hi there I bought my MH cause I have kids.  Boy 5 girl 6. Would love to meet some people. Im a chef at a country club so summers are out for me :( Late fall winter and early spring I can do.
We are in Westchicago, Il.

PS  cant wait to get another chance to take a trip  owned it 5 months and only got to use it 2 days so far.
But when the house gets to noisy I "check the generator:  listen to the radio and lay on the couch :)
Brian

Back
Top Bottom