Article:Montgomery Might Steer Large Vehicles Elsewhere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Folks, if you have a motorhome or trailer, you just have to factor the cost of storage into your costs of ownership right along with fuel and maintenance.   If you have a lot of acreage, store it back on your place screened off from the neighbors.  If you live in a built up area of 5-10,000 foot lots, you are just going to have to pay for off-site commercial storage.

I live in an LA suburb of small, but very expensive lots (I bought in long ago).   I store my 23 foot trailer in a commercial yard in an industrial area 12 miles away.  The cost is $125/month. (LA is pricey.)  When I intially got the trailer, I went around assuring my neighbors that it would be on my lot only for packing for travel or unpacking, and then a few days at the most.   I have kept to that faithfully since.  I have happy neighbors who do not mind when my trailer does show up.

If you cannot do this financially, you had better think hard about if you can afford this as a hobby.  Getting storage should be much a part of buying an RV as is setting up a truck to tow or a toad to be towed.

Carl, you hit that one square! I too was faced with that problem. I weighed the rent as opposed to buying and found a little place out in the sticks. $2400.00 is a lot cheaper than 60.00 a month and in no time it will be mine. It has nothing on it right now but tire tracks, but it will some day. And because it is out of the city I can do what ever I want. (within reason) I even let folks stay the night once and a while. If I am there! No funny stuff at my lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom