EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Direct vs Dish  (Read 2542 times)

thebrits

• ---
Direct vs Dish
« on: July 20, 2005, 10:39:55 AM »
We have a King Dome and on the Dish setup we have to manually change from satellite 119 to 110 for some programs.  This is a pain (poor us).  If we changed to Direct, would we have the same problem, or does Direct use only one satellite?

TIA

Peggy & Dennis
Dennis & Peggy
"The Brits"
Las Vegas, NV
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 37C
Escapees

Terry A. Brewer

• ---
Re: Direct vs Dish
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 03:25:37 PM »
Dennis

>>This is a pain (poor us).  If we changed to Direct, would we have the same problem, or does Direct use only one satellite?<<

It's all on one sat, unless you want HD programing.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

JerArdra

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 04:11:28 PM »
Direct uses only one satellite unless you get HiDef TV.  My MotoSat dish has 3 LNBs so I can get all 3 HiDef satellites at once but before I got HiDef I only had 1 LNB and received ALL the channels without moving the dish.  One correction, I could not get the NASA channel.

MotoSat also has a 2 LNB dish that can get both Dish satellites at the same time.  www.motosat.com

Check with your DOME mfg'er to see if they offer a dual LNB that can see both Dish satellites at the same time.

JerryF
JerryF  ;D  ;D

Terry A. Brewer

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 06:47:09 PM »
Jerry

>>I could not get the NASA channel.<<

It is now on 101 & has been for awhile.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

JerArdra

• ---
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 08:47:34 AM »
Terry,

I couldn't get it when I had a single LNB.  Now that I have the triple LNB (HiDef) I get everything.

JerryF
JerryF  ;D  ;D

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 11:08:08 PM »
We get the NASA channel on DTV and we have just one LNB.  Been thet was for some time now.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 08:19:42 PM »
This has nothing to do with King Dome v/s MotoSat v/s Ray Sat v/s (Fill in dish of your choice) but I visited DAMON yesterday on my way to Chicago and was talking with my customer service rep  IN PERSON... I ask him a few questions.

Seems that about 2 feet (not quite) in front of a vent that's behind my front AC unit there is a sticker on my roof, (he says)

And 3/4" beneith that sticker is a coax cable end and pair of wires, one Red, One Black (12vdc)

About the only thing they did not cable for is a fleet of REPLAY TV boxes... That... I'm doing myself
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Hosted by Over The Network