Direct vs Dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thebrits

We have a King Dome and on the Dish setup we have to manually change from satellite 119 to 110 for some programs.  This is a pain (poor us).  If we changed to Direct, would we have the same problem, or does Direct use only one satellite?

TIA

Peggy & Dennis

Dennis

>>This is a pain (poor us).? If we changed to Direct, would we have the same problem, or does Direct use only one satellite?<<

It's all on one sat, unless you want HD programing.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Direct uses only one satellite unless you get HiDef TV.  My MotoSat dish has 3 LNBs so I can get all 3 HiDef satellites at once but before I got HiDef I only had 1 LNB and received ALL the channels without moving the dish.  One correction, I could not get the NASA channel.

MotoSat also has a 2 LNB dish that can get both Dish satellites at the same time.  www.motosat.com

Check with your DOME mfg'er to see if they offer a dual LNB that can see both Dish satellites at the same time.

JerryF

Jerry

>>I could not get the NASA channel.<<

It is now on 101 & has been for awhile.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry,

I couldn't get it when I had a single LNB.  Now that I have the triple LNB (HiDef) I get everything.

JerryF

This has nothing to do with King Dome v/s MotoSat v/s Ray Sat v/s (Fill in dish of your choice) but I visited DAMON yesterday on my way to Chicago and was talking with my customer service rep  IN PERSON... I ask him a few questions.

Seems that about 2 feet (not quite) in front of a vent that's behind my front AC unit there is a sticker on my roof, (he says)

And 3/4" beneith that sticker is a coax cable end and pair of wires, one Red, One Black (12vdc)

About the only thing they did not cable for is a fleet of REPLAY TV boxes... That... I'm doing myself

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom