Xantre Inverter/charger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

william

I have a Freedom 458 series inverter/charger with a remote converter.  All has been well until yesterday when I arrived to hook up on site.  That is when I discovered the remote converter inside the motorhome constantly blinking with all the lights moving in all directions.  The battery state lights move back and forth, while the DC Volt vertical line of lights flicker up and down as well as the DC amp lights and the incoming AC breaker amp lights. 

Checking the inverter itself in the "basement" of the motorhome indicates nothing wrong. as the invert light is blinking green and the charge light is solid green, according to the manual this is normal.  Everything inside the motorhome home is functioning normal, but something is not right with the remote.

Advise appreciated.

thanks

There are several things that COULD be wrong, but try this

Disconnect, completly Turn off AC or unplug from shore power, Disconnect the Negative battery lead,  Turn OFF at the inverter and then pull the plug for the remote. plug the remote back in,  repeat this last two steps 5 or 10 times

Unplug the remote cord from the remote (if it connects with a plug) and plug it back in 5 or 10 times.

Restore DC, Restore AC turn inverter back on and check your display

NOTE: any one of those procedures may do it.  The full set is likely overkill

Total removal of power for a few minutes fully resets anything and everything

Removal and re-insertion of the plugs cleans the contacts

I have the same inverter and control.......but I havent seen this behavior, does it let you function at all, can you go into reset on the control or is it just locked up and doing its own thing, if that is the case, unplugging everything and doing a hard boot may be your best option.  You might give Xantrex and call, they are pretty good to work with.  If you do the reboot, make sure you go into settings and reset your battery charging values and type of battery, it makes a big difference with this controller.

Back
Top Bottom