Insuring an RV in the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mammall

Hello

We are considering full timing but the more we look into it the more expensive it becomes. we need to make very real calculations on all the outgoins we will have on top of our current outgoings. We plan to live near where we are already and not travel too much each year as mu husband has a full time job.

can anyone tell me what insuring an RV costs? if this is not possible because the model and age of the RV would be a factor then can you point to some insurers where i can get some quotes.

thanks
sally xxx

Hello Sally,

Insuring any motorhome in the UK for "full-time" use is practically impossible at the moment.

There is a link to most RV Insurers at HERE

The RV Owners Association (UK) is writing to Insurance companies to establish who, if any, will offer "full-time" cover. We will post here and update the website when we know anything.

Paul

Thanks Paul

How then would we manage to be insured? There must be some other UK full-timers who have insurance.

Can we get insurance in 2 parts? One part for driving it and then another policy for living in it?

Sally xxx

Hi

Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot give you an answer - as there isn't one.

When we know something - anything at all - we will let everyone know.

Sorry I cant give you the answer you need.

Paul

you could Try the caravan club, i had a camper insured by them for seven years and run it to and from work every day;worth a phone call

Hi Sally

As Paul from the RVOA has said - it is impossible to get a 'full-timers' insurance in the UK - however, there are many of us that are full-timers (I have been for about 6 years now) it is just that we don't talk openly about it because Insurance Companies also read these forums!

Basically, the reason for non-insurance is that the Insurance Companies quote you on the Post Code that you provide as your place of residence - if you are a full-timer - you don't have a static address - and therefore you have no post code - and therefore you cannot get an insurance quote!

Many of us get around the situation by using our childrens' address or a caravan site address - anything whereby we can legally say that we are attached to that address  -   (Doctors list - Electoral roll - address on driving licence - local housing authority list etc., etc., etc.)

Come back to me on my email for personal advice.

Dick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom