07/29/08 - California Earthquake - All OK ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVOA

Just heard on the UK news of an earthquake in California.

Checked local californian news channel online and not too much info.

Hope you are all OK over there.

Paul
UK-RV

It was????  We didn't even know about it!  Just as well....

ArdraF

A short, sharp shaking out here in West LA.  More than just a tiddler, but not much more.  Intensity III out here.  The epicenter puts it in some hills about 10 miles east of downtown LA.  The hills are the southern extension of the Kellogg Hills which is the first/last grade that I-10 goes over.  Shallow focus I believe.

Thanks for the concern Paul. Not felt up here, 80 miles east of SF Bay.

Carl L said:
...  The epicenter puts it in some hills about 10 miles east of downtown LA.  The hills are the southern extension of the Kellogg Hills which is the first/last grade that I-10 goes over...

Is that where all the windmills are?

KodiakRV said:
Is that where all the windmills are?

Nope, that is Banning Pass, about 30 east.  Banning has the trace of the San Andreas in it.  If we get a quake centered there, it will be Katie bar the door. 

We have some friends who live very near the epicenter.  The wife is a native Californian and it scared her to death.  She has lived through several quakes and this one was the worst she had felt ever.  The difference she said was there was no lead up.  It went right to the 5.4 jolting.  The house was swaying, doors slammed open and shut and nearly all the cupboards doors opened up.  She lost glass pieces and some other stuff. 

When I talked to her around 7 pm, she said she had finally settled down, which surprised me because she is a very solid-unflappable person.

We didn't feel it at all up here in Kernville.

All of this reminds me,  I need to put "earthquake puddy" under my valuable and sentimental items here in the new house.  I use it in the coach also, to keep things from sliding around.

Marsha~

Glad you and Tim are OK Marsha. We use lots of that QuakeHold - at home, in the coach and on the boat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom