Need Nomad TT Door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mojive

hi; I am new to this forum and kind of new to rving and am having a problem with an exterior door on my 1988 nomad 17ft is it worth rebuilding or should I get a new door and where could I get the best product for my $$$. Thanks for any help.
mojive

[edit]header[/edit]

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please join in the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you might have relating to the RVing lifestyle. 
Where are you located?  You might try a RV salvage yard if there is one anywhere near you.  What kind of problem are you having?

Try the RV salvage yards (I think there is a list of them in the Rvforum.net Resources area). If you can't find a matching one (there are a zillion shapes and sizes!), you will have to rebuild.  A rebuild should not be all that hard if the outer skin is in good condition.  Most Rv wall/door construction is pretty simple.  If you don't have the skills, a cabinet or woodworking shop might do it for you.

Ron said:
Welcome to the RV Forum.? We are glad you found us.? Please join in the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you might have relating to the RVing lifestyle.?
Where are you located?? You might try a RV salvage yard if there is one anywhere near you.? What kind of problem are you having?
I am in Reno, I have rebuild the door once and it worked fine but when I took my trailer to the storage stie the door would not open easily and I had to really pull to get it open and it seemed to come apart again. I have looked at doors at a local rv supply shop and they are in the $350-400 range, I could probably rebuild but I am not sure I want to do this everytime out.
Thanks for your time
mojive

Obviously you should not have to rebuild the door for every use.  Maybe the materials used in the rebuild weren't quite up to the task.

Have you determined why the door  is disintegrating to begin with? Is water getting in from somewhere? And if binding is a problem, perhaps the door frame is also damaged and putting pressure on the rebuilt door.

$400 is the price I have heard for replacement door assemblies, so your dealer seems to be in line with others on the pricing.

mojive said:
I am in Reno, I have rebuild the door once and it worked fine but when I took my trailer to the storage stie the door would not open easily

One Posibility is that the wood used in the door may have swelled, this can cause sticking if the door is cut a bit too "Tight" (large)
and the humidity increases.

I would not expect that to be a problem in Reno,,, but then many things I do not expect happen

Like the idiot who cut in front of me today while I was in the left turn lane... Must have been all of 2 feet in front of me when he cut in, and 10 when he hit the brakes... Course I beat him to the brake pedal... about 1 ton of car and I'm in 13 ton of Motor Home w/towed

Oh well.. I missed him,,, Glad the brakes work :)

Back
Top Bottom