Maritimes with Marabito's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
Well, on Wednesday, 30th of July, we were scheduled to take the long ferry from N. Sydney, NS to Argentia, NF.  It was scheduled at 8:00 am.  We didn't leave till about 11:30 am, which turned out to be a blessing.  It is a 17.5 hour trip on 3 out of 4 engines.  They are trying to conxerve fuel.  We arrived at 5:30am Newfoundland time which is 1/2 hour ahead of Atlantic time.

It was a smooth run, but hard to get any rest because of all the partying going on.  The dogs made it fine in the kennels.  We were allowed to take them out to do their business twice at roughly 6 hour intervals.

We are staying at a new RV Park on TCH 1 at exit 36 going into St. John's.  It is the Bluefin RV Trailer Park.  Clean, 30/50 amp, all gravel and Satelite friendly if you could get a strong enough signal.  I could get a signal quality of 29 for the highest on my Datastorm.  Won't cross-poll until it reaches 30 and I couldn't get there.  I'm on Satmex 5.  On another satelite I might make it.
They are internet friendly here, but you have to be near the office.

It is raining lightly now, 61 degrees and a light wind.  Hope it is better tomorrow.  We did get out and run the Irish Trail today, but cloudy skies prevailed most of the time.

Don't know what we will do tomorrow yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom