Lazydays buying Beaudry in Tucson - NOT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pierat

According to the Arizona Daily Star today, 8/2/08, Lazydays RV Center, Inc. has signed a letter of intent to purchase Beaudry RV's "Tucson operations," which apparently includes sales, service and the adjacent RV park. Negotiations continue and the deal is not yet final. link.
[edit]Activated link.[/edit]

[edit]Added "NOT" to the title, to make it reflect the final status.  Read the thread for details.[/edit]

That can only be an improvement over the Beaudry operation.

IN early July while negotiating over buying a 05 Dynasty from Beaudry I asked the salesman if Camping World was going to buy the rest of Beaudry (they had purchased the San Diego operation). He said no, but that Lazydays was very interested in Beaudry's Tucson operation.

PS - I did not buy the rig because Beaudry was being stupid about the price. There more to this story to be told another day.

My current 2000 Windsor was purchased from Lazydays. I agree that Lazydays can only improve the operations.

ken

We're going to be looking for a rig this winter. It would be nice to have a reasonably decent, reliable motorhome dealer in Tucson. (None now. Or maybe I've missed one?)

La Mesa has a store across the street from Beaudry, if they haven't closed it.

Ned said:
La Mesa has a store across the street from Beaudry, if they haven't closed it.

La Mesa is selling off its San Bernardino, CA operations.  Big going out of business sale ads on TV here.

AFAIK, La Mesa is still there. I've heard mixed feedback about them, and we weren't impressed with the rookie salespeople at a mall show they put on last year. There's also Freedom RV which I think specializes more in the vacation market than FT rigs. Then there's Pedata which also generates mixed feedback. As for first-hand knowledge, though, I dont' really know much about any of them yet. I think those are all the larger players here.

Pedata and La Mesa are high volume retailers with a lot of focus on internet sales. Nothing wrong with that, but their aftersale service is probably weak. As so many Rv dealers are. I savvy buyer can get a good deal from them, but a newbie could easily get mislead.

The Arizona Daily Star (Tucson) reported today, 8/18/2008, that the sale of Beaudry RV to Lazydays has been called off because, although there was a letter of intent, the parties could not reach final terms.

Tucson is a beautiful facility; it would have made a great west coast Lazy Days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom