EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Looking for I-81 South Information  (Read 1985 times)

3labs

• ---
Looking for I-81 South Information
« on: August 02, 2008, 07:09:53 PM »
Hi All,

We are planning on traveling from New England to Charleston SC via I-84 West to I-81 South etc.  We have never traveled this route before with our 40 ft diesel pusher (and dinghy) and are concerned about the steepness of the terrain along I-81 South and the mountain range.  We would appreciate any information or input from other RVer's who have traveled this route in the past to help us determine whether or not to plot this course.  Thanks!  :D

3Labs

Brian and Tarra 1996 Country Coach

Daisy

• ---
Re: Looking for I-81 South Information
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 07:50:17 PM »

I-81 is a beautiful drive traveling through the Shenandoah Valley.  We have driven it often, both north and south while visiting Maine.  It is somewhat hilly, but nothing extreme, by any means. 
Afterall, it is an interstate, and is probably the best route to take going north and south in that part of the country.   ;D  We drive a 38 ft. mh.

Daisy
Daisy.  Location:  Sometimes here, Sometimes there.  All depends on the mood of the moment!

rvbigs

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »
I 81 is a great road to use . No worries with the hills
rob
04 tundra
07 rockwood roo 21ss

3labs

• ---
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »
Thanks all for the information; we have decided to take the picturesque route of I-81 (thanks to your input) instead of the boring I-95 drive South!  ;D

Kind regards,

Tarra 
Brian and Tarra 1996 Country Coach

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 12:51:34 PM »
2 summers ago, we traveled from Boston to Charlotte, NC over the same (almost  :D) route. I-84/I-81/I-77 was much better than the hassles of driving thru/around Baltimore and Washington. More scenic also. We have a 40' DP plus SUV and can't remember any issues anywhere on the route.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

Hosted by Over The Network