Looking for I-81 South Information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3labs

Hi All,

We are planning on traveling from New England to Charleston SC via I-84 West to I-81 South etc.  We have never traveled this route before with our 40 ft diesel pusher (and dinghy) and are concerned about the steepness of the terrain along I-81 South and the mountain range.  We would appreciate any information or input from other RVer's who have traveled this route in the past to help us determine whether or not to plot this course.  Thanks!  :D

3Labs

I-81 is a beautiful drive traveling through the Shenandoah Valley.  We have driven it often, both north and south while visiting Maine.  It is somewhat hilly, but nothing extreme, by any means. 
Afterall, it is an interstate, and is probably the best route to take going north and south in that part of the country.  ;D  We drive a 38 ft. mh.

Daisy

Thanks all for the information; we have decided to take the picturesque route of I-81 (thanks to your input) instead of the boring I-95 drive South!  ;D

Kind regards,

Tarra 

2 summers ago, we traveled from Boston to Charlotte, NC over the same (almost  :D) route. I-84/I-81/I-77 was much better than the hassles of driving thru/around Baltimore and Washington. More scenic also. We have a 40' DP plus SUV and can't remember any issues anywhere on the route.

Back
Top Bottom