Wine Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowell

In an earlier thead about wines in April 2007, I commented that we like an Australian wine made by Banrock Station and that I usually bought it for 3 for $10 or $3.99 each if bought singlely.  I noticed since then that Banrock Station has won several awards and I guess that is now reflected in the price, up to $9.99/bottle.  Oh, well there is still $2 buck chuck ($3 buck chuck in AZ) at Traders Joes or $2 Oak Leaf wine at Wallmart.    ;)

Lowell said:
In an earlier thead about wines in April 2007, I commented that we like an Australian wine made by Banrock Station and that I usually bought it for 3 for $10 or $3.99 each if bought singlely.  I noticed since then that Banrock Station has won several awards and I guess that is now reflected in the price, up to $9.99/bottle.  Oh, well there is still $2 buck chuck ($3 buck chuck in AZ) at Traders Joes or $2 Oak Leaf wine at Wallmart.    ;)

$2 Oak Leaf is $3 at New Mexico Wal-Marts. And I think 2 Buck Chuck is only 2 bucks in California.

Wendy

Just read the other day that they have begun picking grapes in the Napa/Sonoma valleys.  This will be one of the earliest crushes ever.  Too soon to know what that might or might not do to wine prices.

Margi

Len and Jo said:
oenophile ::) ::)

I must admit ... I had to look up that term.  :D

Having lived in the Sonoma Valley many, many years ... and having driven through Napa Valley, and the famed Valley of the Moon, "just" to get our boat to the lake to go fishing ...  :D  And, having entertained (endured?) our quota of wine snobs visiting the area over those years  ...  ::) 

We're proud to call ourselves "winos" and will match our chosen box with the best of them.  :D

Margi

I wondered whether anyone else had discovered the Banrock Station line of wines.  Here in Michigan you can find 750ml bottles for $8.49 or 2/$11.  This includes Merlot, Shiraz and, I believe, Cabernet Sauvignon (and you can mix them).  Looks like I'd better stock up before the prices head north.

Oenophile.....

When my wife reads a  book and comes across to word she doesn't know, she looks it up and adds it to "HER LIST".  She came across "OENOPHILE" just the other day!  So I had to post it with this thread.  ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom