In Motion Tracvision

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zukIzzy

I have a Tracvision in motin satelite dish on my 2003 Infinity. I did the install myself and it has worked well till recently. I found that the Direct Tv reciever I was using had stopped comunicating with the dish thru the low speed comunication line. No problem I just used a different reciver and all was well until that one started doing the same thing. These recevers are 5 years old and the new ones I have purchased/leased to replace them do not have a slow speed comunication port they only have a USB port and a phone line port. I fond a USB to phone adapter but it does not work. I am on my last working old style reciever to use with the system. the new recivers work fine as the second reciver but will not work as the primary because I can't get them to comunicate with the dish. Since I did the installl Tracvision does not want to help much and direct TV insists I can't take my recivers out of the house so they are no help.

does any one have any experiance with this that could lend a little advise.\

Thansk
Wayne

Yes, we have a Tracvision in-motion satellite dome on our MH also.  Last year when I wanted to hookup the MH to DirecTV, I called Tracvision and asked what receivers I could use with our system and they gave me a list of receiver models that would work.  I gave the list to the DirecTV installer for the house connection and he found us an old RCA DRD420 receiver at their warehouse that worked for us.  I think KVH listed 4 or 5 receivers that would work, including a couple of Sony models.

Why do your DirecTV receivers stop communicating with the dish?  Do they go bad that fast or is it something to do with DirecTV?  What models of receivers have you used?

rsalhus said:
Yes, we have a Tracvision in-motion satellite dome on our MH also.  Last year when I wanted to hookup the MH to DirecTV, I called Tracvision and asked what receivers I could use with our system and they gave me a list of receiver models that would work.  I gave the list to the DirecTV installer for the house connection and he found us an old RCA DRD420 receiver at their warehouse that worked for us.  I think KVH listed 4 or 5 receivers that would work, including a couple of Sony models.

Why do your DirecTV receivers stop communicating with the dish?  Do they go bad that fast or is it something to do with DirecTV?  What models of receivers have you used?

I had 4 RCA DRD420 installed in 02. I got the Motorhome the next year. They seem to affected by the vibrations of traveling in the motorhome. They work for a while then start losing the signal while driving off and on till one day they will no longer comunticate with the dish which just keeps earching for satleiles even after it has found the correct one. the forst one took 3 years or so, the next 2 happened much faster probly do to the age of the receiver and the fact that they also spent time in the back bedroom of the HM. The last one I am using never went in the HM till we upgraded to DVRs in the house. ti si going strong about 10 trips since Christmas.

wayne

Well, if you want to keep an eye out for another receiver that should work, here's the list that KVH gave me:

• RCA DRD420
  • RCA DRD440
  • RCA DRD480
  • Sony A50
  • Sony A55

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57