New Years Unofficial Rally with non-hosts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Place: Catalina State Park, Oro Valley, AZ
Dates: We will be there Dec 26 (Fri) through Jan 3rd (SAT) - I assume most will arrive Monday 12/29 and leave on the 2nd or 3rd.
Type: unorganized
non-RallyMaster: Ken&Sheila

Please note that Catalina State Park does not take reservations. (it did not fill last year)

Ken

Ken and Shiela,
January 1, 2009 marks the beginning of my year to plan the vacations.  We plan to be there .  Will likely arrive 12/29 as we make our way "home" from Albuquerque for Christmas. Maybe ealier.

Betty and Terry

We're not sure what we're doing this winter other than either Death Valley or Anza Borrego for Christmas and maybe a Death Valley Rally before or after Quartzite. Mike is insisting that we will NOT be in Colorado this winter (wonder whose turn it is to decide where we go?) But if we're in the area, we'll be there.

Isn't there an old song about "What Are You Doing New Year's"?

Wendy
Cortez CO

Betty,

I glad you and Terry will be coming again. Fred and Daisy are also hoping to come.

Wendy,

I hope you and Mike can make to Catalina.

Ken

Since Catalina State Park is so to speak in our backyard (8 miles away), we will drop in and meet some of the forum members. Betty this is a great way to visit!!

Marie

wendycoke said:
We're not sure what we're doing this winter other than either Death Valley or Anza Borrego for Christmas and maybe a Death Valley Rally before or after Quartzite.

Wendy

Keep us up to date with your DV plans. We want very much to go back soon. Christmas/New Year or a post QZ (not pre) rally works.

mariekie said:
Since Catalina State Park is so to speak in our backyard (8 miles away), we will drop in and meet some of the forum members. Betty this is a great way to visit!!

Oh Come on you guys,

Bring your motorhome down and party with us for New Years.  I promise we will celebrate on New York time and it won't be a late night.  I will also try to retrieve my own shoes this year.  Marlene  please wear pink shoes! 

I want to go to Tubac again.  You guys could be such wonderful tour guides!  Even if you don't bring your rig  we'll be happy to have you come  on by and meet Forum members!

Betty
In Peggy's Cove

Betty,
If it depended on Chuck we will be there with the motor home. As you know, there is sooooo.....much to see and do in our area. Why not get the ladies to do Tubac?

Marie

Betty, Tubac is always worth a visit.

We bought a beautiful piece of copper "yard art" in Tubac a few years ago. One of the few things that we have in storage.

Summerhaven (top of Mt Lemmon) is also fun to visit. Someday I want to drive the back road to the top of Mt Lemmon - from Oracle, but the road will be close for the winter.

We haven't been to the desert Sonora Museum in many years and will probably make visit this year.

ken

Lucy,

We are glad your and George are coming to Catalina SP for New years.

You need to call Pat and Jim Dick and tell them they need to join us!

ken & sheila

Tom,

If I can unhost a rally two years in a row, anybody can do it.

Actually we will plan a few events, but I will count on Betty to pitch in as usual. Russ hosted the actual new Years party at his coach last year.

ken

Wish we could be there, too, since last year was so much fun, but the lot in Texas is needing our attention for at least this winter.  We have a buddy pad with full hook-ups for anyone who would like to visit us.  There are more pads available with our neighbors or a COE park a few miles away and many things to do in the area (San Antonio, Austin, Fredicksberg, etc).

Lorna,

Sorry you'll miss the rally.

We plam go to the Austin // San Antonio area in February or March. We are starting our "search". If your around, we will stop by.

ken

Lorna said:
Wish we could be there, too, since last year was so much fun, but the lot in Texas is needing our attention for at least this winter.  We have a buddy pad with full hook-ups for anyone who would like to visit us.  There are more pads available with our neighbors or a COE park a few miles away and many things to do in the area (San Antonio, Austin, Fredicksberg, etc).

Lorna --  How far away from Austin are you?  Our son lives there.

Ken and Sheila

We will be there in Feb and March for sure just let us know when you will be in the area.

Frank

We are about 75 miles from Austin.

Ken:

Fred and I are planning on New Years again.  We so enjoyed last years there. 

Daisy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom