New Years Unofficial Rally with non-hosts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like Marie, Catalina State Park is practically in our back yard, too. We will plan to drop by and introduce ourselves, and look forward to meeting you all. We've never "not rallied" before.

We've been a little slow at making this year's plans, but we're planning to attend 2008 New Year's at Catalina State Park.  We expect to arrive on Sunday, Dec. 28th.  It sounds like you all had fun in previous years so it's about time we finally joined you.  We'll look forward to seeing everyone.

ArdraF and JerryF

What about the group area? Anybody know? It says they take reservations for that but maybe it is inappropriate?

Are we doing electric or Quartzsite-dry?

Wendy said:
We're not sure what we're doing this winter other than either Death Valley or Anza Borrego for Christmas and maybe a Death Valley Rally before or after Quartzite.

Wendy,

Are there still plans for some sort of Death Valley Rally after Quartzsite? We have never been to DV and are talking about a trip there this year. After Quartzsite might work well for us. Would pre- or post-Quartzsite likely be the best weather?

Richard

Lucy,

The group area is nice, but strictly dry camping.

The regular sites (we will be in the "new" area) have 50 amp power and water, but NO reservations. Last year it never filled, but did get down to only a few open sites.

ken

RLSharp said:
Wendy,

Are there still plans for some sort of Death Valley Rally after Quartzsite? We have never been to DV and are talking about a trip there this year. After Quartzsite might work well for us. Would pre- or post-Quartzsite likely be the best weather?

Richard

Richard

As of right now, Marlene and I are planning on going to DV after QZ, even if Wendy doesn't show  ;D ;D  We've been there a couple of times after QZ and don't remember any weather issues.

Frank and I are currently at Catalina State Park.  I thought I'd share some info with those who are coming for the rally.  Exits 254 - 258 on I-10 are still closed.  There is still road construction on Oracle Rd.  And the have the barriers right on the white line dividing the lanes from the shoulder.  Very Tight.  The signs for the park are down, due to the construction.

The new Walmart and Best Buy are open.  If your coming down Tangerine Rd, you can turn right into the mall.  Drive through, cross Oracle and right into the park.  But beware.......The have put 10" x 5' speed bumps in. Very Nasty.  ;D ;D ;D

If your coming in after 5:00, the dump station on the road is closed at night. And the pull-thru site have the hook-ups in the back.  We pulled in, disconnected the toad, and than had to back-up. 

All the sites in campground B are sat fri, and have 50A with water.  Fire Danger is extremely, extremely High.

Have Fun, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year

Travel Safe and may the road be smooth before ye

Barb

Right now our plans are me flying back to FL on 23rd, then Jolene and I driving, leaving on the 26th to come back to QZ.  So, we would be going by on or aound 29th or 30th.  If we can fit t in, it would make a great lat night before getting back to QZ and working. 

I mapped it, 10 to 77N, then some east to west roue back to 10.  Is this a good road, or is it better back down 77?  If it is good it only adds a few miles to the trip. 

77N is exit 255 off I-10.  It is  CLOSED.  And it takes you through Downtown Tucson.  We took exit 248 Ina Rd East to Oracle/77N. There is nasty road construction on Oracle/77.  Be very careful.

Tangerine Rd exit 240 is a good road. And than go S on Oracle/77, about 1 mile and Left turn into the park.  At the traffic light.
The New Oro Valley Marketplace (where the new Walmart is)  will be on the right (W), and the park in on the left (E). 
There are no signs indicating the park entrance.  They have been removed due to the road construction.

Approx. GPS

32.415550N
110.937600W

Barb

Barb,

Thank you for that information. I usually take Oracle to Tangerine, then so to the park (left turn into the park).

Ken

Looks like we may have a reunion of the Stonington, CT group at the New Years Rally.  We need a few more.  Come on down Jim Dick and Chet, (I think).  That was so long ago I can't even remember who all were there, but I do remember the park and "some" of the rest of it.  Could it have been the fall of 1995 or 1996 or thereabouts????  I do remember it was a VERY long time ago.  We were on our way to AZ from there, if I recall.  At least I seem to remember it being fall.  Maybe Jim remembers more, since he was the one who organized it....... ;)

Daisy

I believe it was 97.  Pretty sure, we bought that TC in  the spring that year, and I am sure it was before Jolenes surgery.  (98).  After Jim and I knowing one another from the Cycling forum for probably 7 years or so?  It was our first bike ride, at the RV forum rally.

Back
Top Bottom