Battery draining 2 volts per24 hrs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

27 rambler

Hi, I have a 27' holiday Rambler 1999.I have not used for sometime but have just change the 12V battery in it.It has a 60 amp centurion converter.I have this hooked to a 30 amp outlet with a timer for turnning on the converter 1 hour per 24 hours.I went out to check the battery and found it doun to 10.3 volt be for the converter came on.The converter is charging 13.43 volts when on.I have pulled all 12v fuses chacked all 12vlightsto be off.I have put a test light in series with the neg side of the battery the light will glow bright for a second the go dem to a very small glow.Could the converter be drawing power on the 12 volt side?What I'm I missing?
The tv booster off,smoke alarm battery operated,co2 off,refigerator lite off.All fuses pulled.Thanks 27 rambler

Assuming (and that puts me out on the proverbial limb already) that your procedure for replacing the battery was accomplished correctly, I would say maybe the battery disconnect switch is not on and the battery is not charging at all. 

Did you measure the 13.43 volts that you attribute to the charger at the battery terminals or at the charger output?

If the battery is as low as you say it is, then leave the charger on for at least the next 24 hours.

Let us know what the status is at the end of that test.

Thanks for the come back.I rechecked the new battery,it read 12.53 volt at the terminals.No charger on or converter operating.I put a load test on it and it went down to 9.5 volt.Replace battery will keep an eye on it thanks again 27rambler

A good fully charged battery will usually be about 12.6-12.7 volts. If you unhook one of the cables and it still goes down a shorted cell is suspect. 9.5 volts on a load test is very low. 12.53 vdc indicates only about a 75% charge.

Take a look at the Yuasa tech manual. Even though it's for smaller batteries it has a lot of good info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom