Neighbors - A touchy subject .... HELP !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. 

As others wrote, try another place.  Is this CG really THAT good?  Is there something unique about it? 

mayfair said:
I hear ya bird and I apologize if my questions are upsetting you. I'm in a tough spot. I guess I was hopeing to hear from someone who's had a similar experience and did such and such to resolve it with nobody's feelings getting hurt.

Your questions don't upset me at all. You have already been given all your options and you refuse to do any of them. You are stuck and there is nothing you can do. There is no way to resolve it without hurting your neighbors feelings. Your feelings are being hurt big time by these guys. They ruin every vacation you go on. Why not hurt their feelings and enjoy your vacation?

This will fix it for sure:

1. Go fishing
2. Catch Catfish
3. Bring catfish to park
4. Setup chair where your neighbors can see what your doing
5. Tie catfish to chair
6. Shine light in catfishs' face
7. Demand to know where his comrades are (screaming accordingly)
8. Continue torturing catfish with pictures of Hillary Clinton and Larry the cable guy
9. Assure your neighbors your well within geneva conventions
10. They think your crazy

problem solved

Blackbird,

I tried that with some neighbors I knew.  It only inspired them to bring over a battery with jumper cables and hook it up to the fins of the carp (it was all I caught that day) as I stood dumfounded...tact...where is a tactful way of handling this?

With tongue frimly planted in my cheek...

Steve 

Here are as couple ideas.

Change the ladyfriend out for a new one.  All baggage leaves with her.  J/K

Get a do not disturb sign and hang it on the door from time top time.  Also sometimes tell them you need just some family time.  Change your schedule from time to time.  Also maybe have a heart to heart with the man.  Then he can maybe guide the other ladyfriend off course a little.  Us men try to help each other.  But those are my ideas.  Hope they help.

You can chase your ladyfriend with a kitchen knife around the camper asking her not to cook with antifreeze, or you can start walking around the camper with a mask on your face and tell them you got diagnosed with tuberculosis. Sorry i could not resist.

busa said:
You can chase your ladyfriend with a kitchen knife around the camper asking her not to cook with antifreeze, or you can start walking around the camper with a mask on your face and tell them you got diagnosed with tuberculosis. Sorry i could not resist.

LOL....classic.

It all comes down to this;  Who's peace of mind is more important...yours, or theirs?

If you don't want to be blunt and honest with them, and they can't take a hint, you could always just irritate them until they leave you alone.  Here's a little trick I used to use when I was working in Houston and flying back and forth to El Paso every weekend.  By the end of the week, I would be absolutely worn out and just wanted to get on the plane, down a couple of beers, and relax on the flight home.  Inevitably, I got seated next to a chatterbox that felt compelled to enlighten me with their entire life history.  I would first politely tell them I didn't feel like talking.  That worked about 10% of the time.  The other 90% called for drastic measures.

All you have to do is offend them repeatedly and they will leave you alone.  It's easier than you might think.  Pick a controversial topic, find out their stance on it, and take the opposing viewpoint......and beat it into the ground.  Bring it up every 5 minutes, and don't let them get a word in edgewise.  There are 3 things that always offend someone....politics, religion, and abortion.  Any of these will work.....or better yet, all 3.

If they are liberals, tell them Obama is the devil incarnate.  If they are conservative, go on an anti-McCain tirade.  If they are Catholic, tell them you are converting to Islam, and that you can't converse with their spouse unless she is veiled, and that you sympathize with Bin Laden.  Go on a Roe v Wade diatribe that is directly opposing their viewpoint....and make it an hourly rant for 3 days straight.  Plain and simple....become obnoxious.  The ensuing argument will ensure that they will never camp next to you again.  Tell them that you and your S/O have taken up swinging and ask them if they're interested in...uhh..."joining".  Ask them if they'd like to come over and smoke some pot & listen to Metallica.

It always worked on the plane....by the time we hit cruising altitude, they no longer felt like talking to me.  I preferred being honest and polite with them, and I always tried that approach first, but if they refused to take a hint, the gloves came off.

Or you could just level with them....which would be the intelligent, mature thing to do.  Something like "Joe, you and Marcia are great folks, but we're really worn out and we really just want some solitude for the next few trips".  Would you be upset if we camped in a different spot this time?  We can get together a time or two again next summer.  If they aren't upset, problem solved.  If they are upset, they will leave you alone....again, problem solved.  I reiterate...who are you more concerned with....them, or yourself?

You're either going to have to do something about this problem, find another campground, or suffer in silence.  Choice is yours.

Oh....and PS....if you don't want a repeat of this problem, you might want to draw the line at not exchanging contact info with others in the future.

Well, sometimes things just seem to have a way of working themselves out.

Last weekend one of my kids told one of their kids that she didn't like her anymore. We never said a word about any of this to the kids, she was just tired of her. The little girl ran home to her mother, who then began crying and told her husband that she didn't want to camp anymore ( she's pretty dramatic ). All of this took place while I was out getting "beverages". When I came back, the father came over and told me what happened and that he didn't think he'd be back for a while. Of course I gave him the ole " That sucks".  ;D

Looking forward to next year already !!  ;D

Luca1369 said:
And a child shall show you the way...

Steve

Helped out by over reactive parents!!  If the parents of my kids "friends" had reacted that way, we would have been boycotted in our neighborhood.  I think at one time or another they were on the "outs" with everybody or vis versa.  VBG

Kids can sometimes surprise us with how well they can handle things that adults have a hard time resolving.  Better take that young lady out for a treat. ;D

Just like my grandpa says. Kids are brutally honest when they say the truth!

Funny Story...That woman must of been a nut, crying about a young childs dispute....what a great role model for her children, feel sorry for the husband.  Glad you got away from them.

Back
Top Bottom