Vintage Cozy trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
This 1917 Cozy Camp-Mobile was designed to be towed by the Model T and had a tow speed of 30mph. The Cozy can sometimes be seen on display at boat and RV shows. The photo was originally uploaded with permission by forum member Jack Hammond.

Attachments

• COZY.jpg
    COZY.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 182
I'll bet it was Ron, although a very long way from the relative luxurious tent trailers, travel trailers, or fifth wheels available today.

Tom said:
This 1917 Cozy Camp-Mobile was designed to be towed by the Model T and had a tow speed of 30mph.

Tom,

It looks sort of like a budget version of a sheep herders camp wagon.  :)

Phil

Wow, reminds me of my first camper, little more modern, but essentially the same.  1967 Starcraft Vacationer Deluxe.  had the beds on fold out wings with supports holding up the canvas.  It would tow a 60.

ok, i looked at the picture before reading the post.  i thought it was a joke!!  *chuckling*  hey, better than the ground for some, right?

Tom said:
I'll bet it was Ron, although a very long way from the relative luxurious tent trailers, travel trailers, or fifth wheels available today.

Actually... It is not that much different than today's tent trailers... NO "kitchen" but then when I used the Apache Tent Trailer I almost never used the kitchen (other than the sink for washing dishes) anyway.... Did most of my cooking outdoors.

Padded "matresses" are an option, of course,  Could be used in the Cozy as well.  Really about the only real difference is the tires

If I can figure out how to do it I'll post a picture I took on the way home from Quartzsite

Attachments

• IMGA0569.JPG
    IMGA0569.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGA0570.JPG
    IMGA0570.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 35
Go to the head of the class John. Your photos came out just fine. I'm not sure how either of us would fit in that trailer  ???

Posting was easy, (The software is kind of clear on that, I've done it before, just forgot how) And I agree.

By the way, if you go to Elkhart and take Route 5 north 2 blocks off Route 6 (one is county one state, Route 6 runs on the north side of the airport, Route 5 runs north FROM the airport) to Jami, turn left, on your left is a place which makes a trailer which looks a lot like that one in the photo,,,,, Only smaller

Back
Top Bottom