Old Musicians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Bob,

No, we didn't discuss that around the campfire!!! You and Terry Nathan have something in common. He was a bugler in the British Army!

Yes, I remember watching the guys on the grinder and thinking how lucky I was to be in D&B. ;D We did push the piece once in awhile but not often. We also got an extra liberty weekend during boot camp! I did my time in April at Great Lakes. Not much better than Bainbridge in Jan/Feb.

That's a funny story about the semaphore drill. ;D I never had to learn that though I often wish I had along with morse code. I remember the radiomen sitting on the messdeck and winking morse code to each other.

Jim
Still time to learn morse.  Still need it for the 2 higher ham licenses.  I am out of practice but can still sed and receive at double the required speed.  (now that it is only 5 wpm)...

I have a nice ant mount for the hyosung when you get you license. 

PancakeBill said:
Jim
Still time to learn morse.  Still need it for the 2 higher ham licenses.  I am out of practice but can still sed and receive at double the required speed.  (now that it is only 5 wpm)...

I have a nice ant mount for the hyosung when you get you license. 

Bill,

I think at this point I do not have enough space left in the brain to remember all that stuff. Even now I have to delete some stuff to remember the new. Usually delete yesterday. ;D

If any of you folks are into jam sessions and happen to be in the Pacific NW in June...Weiser ID third full week of June is the National Old-time fiddle festival.  Bluegrass and all sorts of good music.  Just walk amongst the RV's and you can find jam sessions all over the place.  Plus they set up stages at several different parks in town for those who can't or don't want to walk from group to group. This is all in addition to the actual competition held at the high school.  I haven't been to the actual competition for over 25 years, but love to go walk around and listen to all the different styles and types of music.

Griff

Griff said:
If any of you folks are into jam sessions and happen to be in the Pacific NW in June...Weiser ID third full week of June is the National Old-time fiddle festival.  Bluegrass and all sorts of good music.  Just walk amongst the RV's and you can find jam sessions all over the place.  Plus they set up stages at several different parks in town for those who can't or don't want to walk from group to group. This is all in addition to the actual competition held at the high school.  I haven't been to the actual competition for over 25 years, but love to go walk around and listen to all the different styles and types of music.

Griff

Griff,

Now you are making me jealous we won't be in the Pacific NW this summer!!!

Yes, 5 wpm for receiving for General or Extra.  Only 3 lcasses now, Tech, with no code and limited frequencies, General all all bands but within limits on bands, need 5 wpm, the Extra, with all parts, all bands.  No additional code requirements.  I got my General back in the 13 wpm days, upgraded to Extra just as they dropped the 20 WPM, had just gotten proficient and they dropped it to 13. 

NW Fiddlers...  would not mind being there as well.  For Jim there is the Podunk Festival in his backyard.  Jamming all over plus the main stage.  Saw Vassar Clements there the summer before he passed on.  Many great bands there.  Jamming is awesome till the wee hours.

Thgen my all time favorite it paians me to miss, GreyFox in NY.  What a festival, jamming everywherre, workshops witht eh bands, the main stage, the dance tent, the vendors, the food...  Best way to spend 5 days in July in the northeast. 

Jim
You won't be disappointed.  Try for a Sat day pass, usually the best line-up and the start of the bbq contest, lots of great aroma all around. 

That auction already ended, but I got in touch with the seller.  He is letting me give him a deposit for first option on the next one he gets.

Tore out my stitches laughing (or I would have, if I had any) ;D ;D ;D

That Ebay listing was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time, and you've got to visit his home page - even funnier! Whoever this guy really is, he's got a great sense of humor, but not someone I'd invite over for dinner. Does Jeffery Dahmer pluck any familiar strings (pun intended)?

hahahahahahaha........I try
Didn't learn anything a tall at Yale.....but sure had a great time.
Cliff

PancakeBill said:
Very imaginative guy.? You have to work at it to spell so badly!?

Back
Top Bottom