Quartzsite 2009 Forum Rally Sign Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Bob -

I was in Quartzsite a couple of weeks ago, and the "main road" from the entry station to past the turnout to our area has been freshly graveled.  Should do a lot towards keeping the dust down.

MST?  Thought this was supposed to be PST.  Thanks for the hint.  Actually I guess I am set, I changed my watch earlier to MST and left it. 

Had rain last night!  Very clear this morning, just some wispy clouds. 

Arizona is on MST year-round. So in winter it's the same as mountain time and in summer it's on the same time as Pacific. Make sense??

Wendy
Pahrump NV

Wendy said:
Arizona is on MST year-round. So in winter it's the same as mountain time and in summer it's on the same time as Pacific. Make sense??

Nope!  ;D

Wendy said:

Unless you are on one of the Indian Reservations, then you have DST, so you are always an hour ahead of Pacific time. Makes even less sense ;)

The sensible thing to do would be to trash the DST thing and just quit messing with the clocks twice a year.  AZ has a very sensible approach to the whole thing.

Bob,

I just checked and we never said we're coming so you can add us to the list of 2009 Quartzsite attendees.  We'll probably arrive about Tuesday the 19th.

Looking forward to seeing you do some fast walking!  ;)

ArdraF and JerryF

OK, aside from me, is anyone else here yet? 

Had dinner at Palo Verde Cafe.  Pretty good.  Since I am bach-ing it I also had a Bass and a bag of prok rinds for dessert once back to the MH.  Staying in a Safari Continental.  Nice unit.  I'll be here till I fly to FL and drive mine back. 

Great sunset tonight. 

Now that I really know what time it is, I can go to bed at the right time and have a better idea of when to get up.

I was told to go to some bookstore.

The bookstore is great but look out for the nearly-naked bookseller.

Wendy
Calico Ghost Town

Yeah, knew about him.  Yold someone in the park back home, (who I knew knew about him), tat I had a job in Quartzsite.  Had to show up a few days early for a fitting, but didn't know why.  Got a good chuckle out of that one.

Dang, it feels late!

ArdraF said:
Bob,

I just checked and we never said we're coming so you can add us to the list of 2009 Quartzsite attendees.  We'll probably arrive about Tuesday the 19th.

Looking forward to seeing you do some fast walking!  ;)

ArdraF and JerryF

Hello my friends. Glad to read you will be attending. Will update the list later tonight.

Yes, I can definitely walk faster -- and farther -- than last year. The left hip replacement last year was about 5 months into recovery and the right was still bone on bone. Now both are bionic with over a year on the left and over 6 months on the right. There are a bunch of us hip and/or knee bionics coming so we will have to steer clear of any heavy duty magnets.  :)

Looking forward to seeing you again . . .

PancakeBill said:
Bob
Please add my m\name to the list. 

Thanks for letting me know, Bill. Will add your names later this evening. Am sure getting envious of those in AZ weather -- more so each day here in NCal. Temps last night were in the mid 30's. Not good.

Have safe travels picking up your rig.  :)

Lou Schneider said:
Hi Bob -

I was in Quartzsite a couple of weeks ago, and the "main road" from the entry station to past the turnout to our area has been freshly graveled.  Should do a lot towards keeping the dust down.

Hi Lou:

That road was re paved last year -- have they done it again?  Not only the dust was less -- but the ride "much" smoother. I like to ride my bike over to the dump area and back and that old road really jarred my body.

Ron said:
The sensible thing to do would be to trash the DST thing and just quit messing with the clocks twice a year.  AZ has a very sensible approach to the whole thing.

I agree to keeping the clocks the same all year, Ron -- but I would vote for DST all the time. Having it get dark at 5:00PM is the pits . . .

Bob Buchanan said:
I agree to keeping the clocks the same all year, Ron -- but I would vote for DST all the time. Having it get dark at 5:00PM is the pits . . .

I don't really care which they use but to keep switching back and forth is just plain stupid. 

Bob Buchanan said:

Yes but when it is still dark at nearly 8AM and it is dark by 5, who cares about DST!    :)

James Godward said:
Yes but when it is still dark at nearly 8AM and it is dark by 5, who cares about DST!    :)

Like I said I don't care which way just as long as they would quit the stupid changing the clocks twice a year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom