Quartzsite 2009 Forum Rally Sign Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
Bob,

We also have an announcement on our web site pointing to this topic, just in case some folks miss the discussion. The event is also posted in our forum calendar with a link back to this topic.

Thanks, Tom. With gas prices going down so much we should have a grand group this year. Giving the link from the forum web site focal point should channel more to the sign up thread. Our biggest group was 43 rigs total -- but not all were there at the same time. The pot luck was awesome that year. The RV Forum has many great cooks.  :)

Thanks again.

Ron said:
Wish we could be there Bob but we have elected to try a winter in snow country this year so will remain at Sam's Camp.  I do know that a great time will be had by all that attend.

Sorry to read that, Ron. With gas prices going down I figured you guys would make it this year. It "is" OK for you to change your mind -- as those snow flakes begin to stick and pile up -- and you read of the shirt sleeve weather in the AZ desert.

Also, we need your off roading around QZ expertise and guidance -- plus who is going to help all those with RV and Internet dishes that can't find their birds -- or those that will be looking for that lone 50Amp hookup they heard so much about.  ??? :)

I suppose soembody will be there early so they can be sure to get the only 50amp full hookup site. ;D  Who knows if it really gets cold here we might just change our minds.  However yesterday was 76F and tomorrow is forcast to be the same.

Ron said:
Wish we could be there Bob but we have elected to try a winter in snow country this year so will remain at Sam's Camp.  I do know that a great time will be had by all that attend.

Ron,

It's easy to say that you will "TRY" to spend the winter in the snow country while we are having nice fall weather.  I'm waiting to hear what you say in January when some of us will be staying in the warm part of the country.  ;D

PhilB

Ron,

Although we have left as late as the first week in January, this will be the first time ever for Pat and the first full winter for me since winter 1960/61.  Not sure either of us will make it. We will not be able to leave if we want to before sometime in January as I have surgery on a foot about the first week in December and will be on crutches or rolling stool till about Christmas.  Then a walking cast for another couple of weeks.  Seems the geometry of my foot has never been correct so we are doing a little modification.  VBG 

Sorry to hear you will be laid up with the surgery Jim.  Hope it is successful and does as it is intended.  We will just have to take the blame for the more severe winter they are predicting for this winter.  No problem at least if it gets too bad after Jan we can leave it behind if we choose to.

It is just the ole bod wearing out after all these years of miss treatment and abuse!!  I hope it will solve several problems as it is aggravating both the knee and hip.  We'll see and pray for the best outcome.

Does being in the area account for anything?  We will try to drop by and at least give our howdy do's in person.  As it goes we made reservations to stay in Bouse at the Desert Pueblo RV Park from first week of January thru the middle of March.  I do look forward to going to Quartzite since this will be our first time there and our first winter in the Arizona area as well.

Lee,
Yes being close counts.  You will have to come by early in the rally to see when the activities are "scheduled."  That way you know what you won't want to miss.  Several times I worked and drove from LA area to the  Quartzsite spot. We have visited
Bouse before.  It is an easy drive to the Q spot.

Happily Terry and I will be able to make Quartzsite this year.  I may come and go but Terry will be there.

Betty

Looking forward to AZ sunsets.

Betty Brewer said:
Happily Terry and I will be able to make Quartzsite this year.  I may come and go but Terry will be there.

Betty

Looking forward to AZ sunsets.

Hi Betty,

Don't get in too big a hurry to get here, still in the 90's right now but should be cooling down starting next week. Stop by when you get here if you have the time.

Jerry & Arlyne Ray

jerryarlyne said:
Don't get in too big a hurry to get here, still in the 90's right now but should be cooling down starting next week. Stop by when you get here if you have the time.

Jerry,

We are in Florida and will not arrive back in Yuma area until just after the New Year.  Should be nice weather and big crowds by then!

Betty

Lee:

Most of us have winter sites. Just pack up and come on over for the week. ;D

Chances of us being in the neighborhood is increasing geometrically every day.
I will be working, so free time at that point is a premium, but would definitely make it to something.

PancakeBill said:
Chances of us being in the neighborhood is increasing geometrically every day.
I will be working, so free time at that point is a premium, but would definitely make it to something.

Well, Bill, does that mean you'll be working at the RV show or ???????

Daisy

Daisy, yes maam.  I will be working out there Dec to whenever.

Soon I can tell you which dealer.  Hopefully I'll have enough time to make it to some evening events. 

Happy Hour every day at 4 pm and campfire every night that the wind doesn't blow too hard.

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom