Used Tow Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lee Pilon

Hello Fellow RV'ers,

I am new to RVing and would like to know if anyone knows of any good places to purchase used tow bars?  I would like to have a Roadmaster or Blue Ox, but the price for a new one is fairly expensive.  If I have to purchase a new one I will, but would like to save some money by finding a used one in good condition.  I am located in Georgia, just south of Atlanta, if anyone knows of a location in this area I would be grateful if you could pass along any information you may have.  I would also appreciate any information, such as a website for good used tow bars.  Thanks for any information any of you may have.

Happy Traveling to All,

Lee

I would contact Blue Ox and Roadmaster and ask about a refurbished model.

I agree with the other poster, Inquire about a factory refurb.  Factory refurb usually comes warranted much the same as a new one but often at half, or less, the cost.

I'd not wish to trust a used one unless factory certified as good, which means a refurb

Tow bars are safety items after all

Also, make sure you have a good braking system on the towed, I went with the Unified Gear Decelerator since the M&G would not fit my towed... (I would have really rather had the M&G if it would have fit)

I am, however, happy with the decelerator

Ned, John and Bob,

Thanks very much for the information, and the quick response.

I will look into the refurbished ones.

The web site was very nice Bob, thanks.

Lee,

If you can find it or afford it (new, about $600) I suggest you get an all-terrain type tow bar if you plan on going off-pavement a lot.

I bought a Falcon All-Terrain tow bar at that price in Quartzsite last year and have never regretted it.  I can literally hook up on any terrain, which is something that many tow bars cannot do. 

I could have bought a solid A frame tow bar for about $80 at Wal*Mart, but I am very glad I didn't.  ;)

Back
Top Bottom