CPAP/BIPAP machines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Jayne,

Wait til Tom has to start replacing those 10 batts. Trojan T105's are more than $100 each now.

Woody

Wait til Tom has to start replacing those 10 batts.

LOL Woody, I changed the golf carts a little over a year ago. They're still "cheap" compared with the four 8-D AGMs I previously replaced. But, when the captain insists on her cup of tea before getting out of bed, then needs to run the microwave, stove, TV, water heater, washer/dryer and hair dryer, what can I do? Actually, the stove and all a/c systems run off 220V, so they need the generator to be fired up.

Tom,
I know the thread is drifting but I have to ask.....where did you find room to safely store six extra batteries ??  And is there any voltage loss running the additional cable to connect them to the original bank of four ??

Woody

Woody,

This was 10 additional batteries, not 6, and they're on our boat. Lots of room down below for ten golf cart batteries, four 8-Ds and an additional generator start battery. We do a lot of "boondocking" on the water which, together with large refrigerators and freezer, several TVs, and a bunch of other stuff, requires lots of battery capacity.

The golf cart batteries run only the inverter, while two of the 8-Ds run the "house" stuff (12V lights, etc).

No voltage loss issues - I ran 2/0 wires (aka welding cable) to carry the DC current from the batteries to the 3KW inverter.

ZuniJayne said:
Woody,

The cheapest I've found the T-105s is $128 each in Albuquerque.

Lets see $128 divided by 120 months comes out to $1.07 per month or $10.67 per year.  Doesn't sound so bad that way does it. ;D

Ron said:
Lets see $128 divided by 120 months comes out to $1.07 per month or $10.67 per year.  Doesn't sound so bad that way does it. ;D

No, good thinking!  It's even better cuz my original T-105s that I bought 9 years ago are just now giving out.  I really beat them, too...often below 12v.  They always come back for more.  :)

I just saw on the web that Trojan is making an AGM now.  It came out top-ranked in a sailing mag tech test.  Haven't (gulp) found a price on 'em yet.  Will call a few places tomorrow.

Our T105/s lasted just short of ten years before one of them started having problems.  Of course I replaced all of them since I do not like to replace only one battery in a bank of batteries.

The last set of T-105's I purchased was for our last m/h in 2003 and they were $78.00 apiece. :mad:

Hi Jeff,
Besides the normal inflation the price of lead has gone up dramatically so batt prices have risen more than they would have anyway. Some places still try to charge a "disposal fee" for your old batt but most are now charging a core charge if you DON'T trade one in. When I bought new tires for my truck a few months ago the tire dealer tried to charge me $3 per tire "disposal fee". Since they still had some tread left I told him to throw them in the back. I put them out on the road with a "free" sign and they were gone within two hours. Saved me $12 and kept the tire dealer from selling them used plus pocketing my disposal fee.

Woody

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KWKnut
Back
Top Bottom