RV insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

29RK Dave

For the last six years I assumed I had actual RV insurance.  When we got our Sandpiper, being loyal customers, we went to the same folks who had carried our car insurance for years.  Here lately, after watching my monthly insurance payments climb, I decided to do some shopping, which also included reviewing my current policy.  To my surprise, our policy only covered collision and comp. :eek:

After looking at number of options, I narrowed my choices to GMAC (through Good Sams) and GEICO.  What an eye opening experience.  Although both are very similar, the average person would probably go with Good Sams, after all they're RV folks, right?  I finally went with GEICO because they offer greater personal loss limits and better replacement coverage overall, at least in my case.

Bottom line, when you become an RVer you have a lot to learn, which requires a considerable amount of research.  Making sure you have the right insurance should be on that list as well, because the wrong insurance could leave you without an RV, your personal belongings, or the good times you had planned.  ;)

And, Dave, this is especially true for those who go fulltiming where most of what they own is tied up in the RV, one way or another.

ArdraF

Ron said:
Excellent point about insurance.  We should review the policy to confirm we have the coverage we think we have.

As Forest would say "Stupid is as stupid does", we're just glad we didn't learn how stupid we were the hard way. :-[

Unfortunaly all to many people know is they have "Insurance " and little more.  What their limits are or what is covered and more inportasnt what is not covered. The ISO (insurance services office) conversion of 1986 was suppose to give us "easy read policies which could be read and understood by anyone with a 12thg grade education. After spending 27 years trying to explain coverage to clients, I am sure they failed.  Or is it the education system, afrter all we have people graduating from highschool and even collage who can not read.

Tony

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strandy1978
Back
Top Bottom