Ford Escape Hybrid Dingy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMO

I have been towing the 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid and its so easy. Hook up and put in nutral and key on to release stering lock and away you go. It is light and allmost not there. Many forums say you cannot flat tow escape but you can flat tow the hybrid because of the transmission. Be forwarned that the only brake system that I know of that works is the roadmaster breakmaster with an added brake pressure reducer because of the active brake system. I don't use any brak because it does not seem to push the motor home at all.

I've seen other reports that the Escape Hybrid makes an excellent toad. However, you cannot avoid the "push" of the toad on the coach - it is there whether you feel it or not. It weighs nearly 4000 lbs empty and that's an extra 4000 lbs your coach has to brake to a full stop. If your coach weighs a typical 22,000-28,000 lbs, that's an extra 14-18% braking load on your coach and the minimum stopping distance will increase proportionally. You may not miss having a toad auxiliary brake in every day circumstances, but when the day comes you need to stop in a hurry you will likely regret not having one. It's like an insurance policy - you don't need those most of the time either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom