Strokes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dolphin Jockey

Hi Folks,

My daughter just sent this to me and I learned from it.  Hope you will also.  Here's her message (original author unknown):

Susie is recuperating at an incredible pace for someone with a massive stroke, all because Sherry saw Susie stumble (that is the key that isn't  mentioned below) and then she asked Susie to do three simple tasks.  So easy.  This literally saved Susie's life.  Read and Learn!

SOMETHING WE ALL NEED TO KNOW, IS IT A STROKE?

Sometimes, symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify.  Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster.  The stroke victim may suffer brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.  Now, doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking the victem to perform three simple taskss:

*Ask the individual to SMILE.
*Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.
*Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE    SENTENCE.

If he or she has trouble with any of these tasks, call 9-1-1 immediately  and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

After discovering that a group of non medical volunteers could identify facial weakness, arm weakness and speech problems, researchers urged the general public to learn the three questions.  They presented their conclusions at the American Stroke Association's annual meeting.  Widespread use of this test could result in prompt diagnosis and treatment of the stroke and prevent brain damage.

A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people, you can bet that at least one life will be saved.

George,

Thanks for posting that informative message re strokes and how to recognize one in the early minutes.? That's something that will definitely be stored in my memory for "just in case".

Hi Folks,

You're quite welcome.  Hopefully we'll never need the info but should the time come I pray it will help someone save another's life.

Back
Top Bottom