How about Florida?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

Maybe this is a good time to switch the topic to "FLORIDA", the Sunshine State.  ;)

Bring it on.... I live in and love Florida. (Also like CA an WA).

carson

Carson, are you sure you want to do that? :)

Just trying to stoke the fire a bit. ;D

Mind you, it is already so hot here, we probably don't need any more heat from Florida haters.

I respectfully withdraw my invitation.  :p

carson FL 90.0F  hum90%

Nowt wrong with talking about Florida. They also have their own welcome sign for visitors here.

That one has been around the 'net for a few years Carson. I hesitated using it, especially with Fay wreaking havoc recently.

I have lived in Florida several times.  I was there in 2004 when we had three major hurricanes hit, Charlie, Jeanne, and another one whose name I have forgotten.  So much damage was done that for a while the Florida State Flag was a blue tarp.

Steve

We've lived in Florida for 31 years now. In all that time we had only three hurricanes actually come over our home (I'm not counting that extended summer rain squall known as Fay, even though it made the yard soggy for a week).

I have lived here now for 9 years and no hurricane has come near us. I have willed them all away.  ;D ;D

Some areas of Florida are more immune than others,although the attached picture belies that statement.

carson FL

Attachments

• Florida Hurricanes.jpg
    Florida Hurricanes.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 54
Luca1369 said:
...  I was there in 2004 when we had three major hurricanes hit, Charlie, Jeanne, and another one whose name I have forgotten...

That would be Frances.  We drove 150 miles north to dodge that one.

Yes, thank you, that's the one.  I was in the Coccoa area at the time and Frances was the worst of the three for me...124mph gusts at Canaveral Inlet, about three miles from where I was docked. 

Steve

Been in Tampa, Fl since 1992 and love it. Xcept the xtreme heat. but i hear it beats showeling snow anytime ;D ;D ;D

We've enjoyed Florida living since 1997 as our winter home.  We sometimes hear there are people who don't like staying in Florida, but they must be in the minority, based on the hundreds of thousands of visitors who come to the State every winter 8)

What's not to like ???

What we dislike about Florida is that they make you stop at the welcome center and tie your shoe laces together so you can walk at the same speed as the Floridians. :D ;D ;D

Don

I made my assesment of Florida while I was there in the service.  Decided I may have been influenced by the reason I was there so we went back and I still was not favorably impressed.  Many other places I would rather visit.  Does than make FL a bad place?  No, just not for us. 

Steve said:
What's not to like ???

Very bad drivers, many over 100-years-old. And in summer there's heat & humidity. But there are also a lot of great beaches and things to do and places to visit.

I'm from New England but have lived in Florida for 21 years now.  Its really a beautiful state.  Especially the back roads where it sometimes looks like the old Florida.  I still work and shop and have a life and I move prety fast as most of us down here do. Just stay away from retirement areas, their the worst.  Lived in beautiful Tampa for 15 of the years I've been here and now in Jacksonville. To be honest though I have had it with the heat and we are contemplating a middle of the road place to retire to. Weather wise that is.

Don,  I also have heard it called "The land of the early bird specials and grey hair."

Carson, it's 98 degrees here with 27% humidity....and NO BUGS!

Marsha~  Sunny CAlifornia

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjay
Back
Top Bottom