Removing Old Carpet In 95 Cruise Master

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I recently purchased a used 1995 Georgie Boy Cruise Master. Im in the middle of replaceing the carpet and I am wondering how to get the carpet out of all those lovely nooks and crannys. In the bathroom theres a spot where there is gap between the floor in the wall only wide enough to fit some carpet in, so they did. Now in order to remove it i would have to tear down the wall or rip up the floor. Theres also several other places where im finding it difficult to get to and are still visible. Besides finding clever ways to hide these spots does anyone have some tricks to get into these spots and get the carpet out. Im tempted to try and remove a cabnet or two to get to said spots. Any advice would be great, Thanks

Dan

We have a narrow space between the shower and wall and instead of removing the old carpet, we just put the new piece right over the old.

Im replacing the carpet with tile which isnt going to hide the old carpet as well as new carpet would. I am cutting it around all the cabnetry but like Ned i also have a space between the shower and bath cabnet that is about 3in wide and 1.5ft long that i cant get my hands into and be able to cut. There are several areas in the bathroom like this. Also, how do you remove the carpet from under the toilet?

Can you use a big long-necked flat-blade screwdriver to work under it and pry it out?

Back
Top Bottom