Pop up cable replacement on older Starcraft??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WiJeff

HI,
  One of my cables broke on our 1979 Starcraft pop-up. Is this something I should tackle myself or is it a nightmare wiating for me? Is there someplace on the web  that describes the process of replacing? Thanks, Jeff  ???

Hi, I see no one has helped you yet. I have a source I use to get this but I need some information from you please.
I need your email address or call me at 407-397-2267
I am in Kissimmee. Fl

Thanks!
Robin

Hello Jeff,

Have you found a resolution to your problem yet? Years ago I had a starcraft approximately the same vintage as yours with a lifter problem. It needed to have one of the three stainless steel sections replaced. I disassembled everything, carefully drawing a cable routing map. I don't remember having any great difficulty with the process.

Of course, I had the roof off for access, and all the corners were uncovered. Seemed pretty straight forward.

Hope that you are successful. I am not the most mechanical guy either.

Ordoc

WiJeff said:
HI,
  One of my cables broke on our 1979 Starcraft pop-up. Is this something I should tackle myself or is it a nightmare wiating for me? Is there someplace on the web  that describes the process of replacing? Thanks, Jeff   ???

Hi Jeff:

Here is a link to step by step instructions on replacing or repairing the lift system to various brands including Starcraft: http://rvworkshop.com/pop_up_camper_parts.html

Best wishes

Luis R.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom